The player who left thread | Page 472 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

Rumour has it we’re putting that 100m straight to Dortmund to test their resolve after rejecting Chelsea’s 85m bid for Haaland 😂

I think Prowse and Bailey deals would be without selling Jack, possible loan deals like Tuanzebe and Abraham might be perm deals alongside a top Grealish replacement, at this point of the transfer window makes more sense bringing a couple of players in that already know Aston Villa and the league, even if they’re not quite what we need.

Just to try and sure us up for Europe, massive task without Jack.
Forget Europe, it will be a case of fighting for survival again unless we get some serious quality in

Personally I'm thankful that he got us back into the Premier league and has helped put us on a good footing.

I'd have been more gutted had he left us languishing in the championship.
I think the slightly cutting thing for me is that he probably would have left us wallowing in the championship if a bid came in and was accepted. Same last year if Manure went for it.

So on one hand you're saying Jack should stay coz we're on the verge of something big and he'd be mad to walk away from that....

....but if he leaves we're going down? 😂
Do not underestimate the impacts of losing him . As I said it's more than just about losing Grealish it's the impact on the others . Plus we are bang average lower mid table without him as evidenced in 2021 so far

why don't they say no get this over he's under contract no release cause we want more or forget it Plastic City can't believe he would want to play for them as footballers got morales these twats where for starting there own league and stuff every one else

Reckon the situation is this:
  • Keep Jack, he performs as we know he can, the rest of the squad perform as we hope they can, and we could have a very good year with a very good chance of ending in the Europe spots.
  • Keep Jack, as above but Jack's action is restricted by his leg problems, similar to last year. With the new signings reckon we would still do significantly better than last year, top half definitely, within reach of Europe spots but maybe not quite there.
  • Jack goes. With the new signings and experience from last year can't see us near relegation, probably somewhere around mid table, maybe creeping into top half.
So Jack going would set us back, unfortunate interruption to momentum. We can recover, but disappointing.

Do not underestimate the impacts of losing him . As I said it's more than just about losing Grealish it's the impact on the others .

This is a really good point. The reality is we can’t attract a player of Jack’s quality with money alone. We need Europe and for that we need players of Jack’s ability.

We can potentially build a squad over time but if we do lose him how will we keep Bailey or whoever performs for us next season if we can’t keep the club captain?

What I’m worried about is the culture and mentality of us being a selling club if he goes.

But to finish on a positive,what a statement it would be and injection of confidence into the club and project for Jack to turn down city and say thanks but no thanks. I believe in the Villa project. Then we can attract and keep real talent.

This is a really good point. The reality is we can’t attract a player of Jack’s quality with money alone. We need Europe and for that we need players of Jack’s ability.

We can potentially build a squad over time but if we do lose him how will we keep Bailey or whoever performs for us next season if we can’t keep the club captain?

What I’m worried about is the culture and mentality of us being a selling club if he goes.

But to finish on a positive,what a statement it would be and injection of confidence into the club and project for Jack to turn down city and say thanks but no thanks. I believe in the Villa project. Then we can attract and keep real talent.

Jack's an exception. If he goes it's because MC are taking a money is no object approach to a player who thinks he should be on the European stage.

Re the rest of the squad, we can afford to keep them.

Reckon the situation is this:
  • Keep Jack, he performs as we know he can, the rest of the squad perform as we hope they can, and we could have a very good year with a very good chance of ending in the Europe spots.
  • Keep Jack, as above but Jack's action is restricted by his leg problems, similar to last year. With the new signings reckon we would still do significantly better than last year, top half definitely, within reach of Europe spots but maybe not quite there.
  • Jack goes. With the new signings and experience from last year can't see us near relegation, probably somewhere around mid table, maybe creeping into top half.
So Jack going would set us back, unfortunate interruption to momentum. We can recover, but disappointing.
Or Jack stays , we win a cup and it all begins or Jack leaves, we win a cup and it all begins with an incredible squad and it’s Jack who.🤔

Full moon tonight then.

Seems like some are actually hoping that Jack leaves so they can be proved right about it and certain players being their replacement,.

I go away to watch tv for a couple of hours and return to conspiracy of the AVFC media dept not mentioning Jack returning to training as a sign he is going or even more ludicrous…because Buendia and Young didn’t mention SJ in their joining interviews it means they knew SJ was leaving ?.
The latter being the most single laughable thing so far in the will he won’t he saga since last Thursday.

Not giving us much time to bring these players in if or when he goes. He is a poster boy for the club. No doubt he has added to our fanbase and interest in avfc.
But reality is he has 5 years maybe left to win stuff. City can almost guarantee that. Even with our owners we cant.

I like this Buendia, He can see we’re going places, wasn’t going to happen at Norwich, but can see the progress and our ambition with us, we’re on the right path to success, I just think Jacks gone, how many still believe he’s staying ?

No chance ,in my opinion Grealish is gone. We've spent some days trying to convince him otherwise but his head is elsewhere and he's turned his back on the club and the project. Massive blow to the club and the owners and us fans. Start thinking who next Watkins, Mings ?

Not giving us much time to bring these players in if or when he goes. He is a poster boy for the club. No doubt he has added to our fanbase and interest in avfc.
But reality is he has 5 years maybe left to win stuff. City can almost guarantee that. Even with our owners we cant.

17 months ago we got to the Carabao Cup final, which we lost 2-1 to ... Man C. Not far off. We can win stuff this coming season. We now have a squad which can really compete in the cups. Unlikely in the PL, yet. But we're going in the right direction.

If Leicester can do it, so can we.