New Ticketing System | Vital Football

New Ticketing System

Play up Brompton

Vital Youth Team
I am 76 and have lost 2 valuable hours of what little time I have left registering on the system which requires a passport photo and then tried to get 2 tickets for the Lincoln game. I have supported my team for over 65 years and deserve better treatment than this! Why cant I go down to the ticket office and buy my tickets. Be suprised if there are more than 4000 at the game. Is it me?

I understand your frustration and think scally should have kept the buy in person operation for those that didn't want to go through the hight tech route. For him it costs far less to have all of us do the work instead of paying staff. It's not easy if people aren't familiar with the modern digital world

Your photo can be any digital photo not a passport one though.

Everything is digital now.

Any systems implementation should involve a thorough UAT and training for staff before ‘go-live’. By cutting corners here, they’ve probably created loads of unnecessary work, duplication of efforts and it’s been bad PR. I heard Scally say that new systems take time for people to get used to new technology - but he can’t get away from the fact that it’s been unnecessarily challenging.

Everything is digital now.

Any systems implementation should involve a thorough UAT and training for staff before ‘go-live’. By cutting corners here, they’ve probably created loads of unnecessary work, duplication of efforts and it’s been bad PR. I heard Scally say that new systems take time for people to get used to new technology - but he can’t get away from the fact that it’s been unnecessarily challenging.

That's the nub of it, get it right and barely a grumble will there be. Set off half cock and create a tsunami of complaint and dissatisfaction. I have no doubt that all will soon be well but meantime we are upsetting our longest serving fans especially, together with the two year ST brigade.

Sorry Brompton, it's a sign of the times. It's MUCH cheaper for the club to use automated online ticketing systems. I'm 15 years younger than you and I found it quite easy to register as a new user and buy two season tickets. Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if some sort of limited face-to-face ticket office is re-introduced at some point - but only when the club can afford to staff it.

Sorry Brompton, it's a sign of the times. It's MUCH cheaper for the club to use automated online ticketing systems. I'm 15 years younger than you and I found it quite easy to register as a new user and buy two season tickets. Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if some sort of limited face-to-face ticket office is re-introduced at some point - but only when the club can afford to staff it.

The club needs to be flexible and has to make it easy as possible for everyone to buy tickets. I agree it will be cheaper to go automated but we will lose long standing and casual supporters to this imo. Scally quoted the Euro Semi final and the Open golf where everyone had a ticket on their phone, two events that could have sold out numerous times over, we will be lucky to sell 75% of capacity for any league game this season. Same with the cashless stadium idea, phase it in gently but don't turn away people willing to spend in notes and coins. We simply aren't in a position to make life more difficult for people willing to put money into the club.

I am 76 and have lost 2 valuable hours of what little time I have left registering on the system which requires a passport photo and then tried to get 2 tickets for the Lincoln game. I have supported my team for over 65 years and deserve better treatment than this! Why cant I go down to the ticket office and buy my tickets. Be suprised if there are more than 4000 at the game. Is it me?
I feel for you I am a bit of a techno phobic myself.Not looking forward to doing it .But I do have a 24 year old son at home to call for help if I need it.My first match will probably be Morecambe so I can wait for the Lincoln game problems to happen before worrying about it .Definitely think you are right a fair few older supporters will think with Covid and new tech they will not go .
For all you younger fans.If you know a older supporter perhaps a offer to help them out would be most welcome.Don't let them disappear.

firstly -there is no excuse whatsoever for the system problems. Simply a lack of testing and customer rollout planning and communication. I have put in hundreds of these systems mostly much bigger and never had these problems if the job is done properly.

Not bothered to check anything out as I expected to just renew my season ticket on line or not bother lol so i will ask stupid questions.

- can you still order tickets over the phone or from the ticket office and collect from said ticket office or post?
- can you pay cash?

Last edited:
So what about a lot of older Gills fans who haven't got a laptop or mobile phone? will they be fans who will now be lost for ever? I find it staggering that they haven't got the option of popping down to the ground to buy tickets, or even just ringing up to buy tickets over the phone.

I've looked on line at booking, but that seems a blur to me. For example, looking to book tickets in the R E block 5, you can't see which row is which and what number the seat is, can't tell which way the pitch is, which on both these issues you use to be able to clearly do. Am I right or could someone clarify if I'm doing something wrong please

We are in a digital age , and it's such a shame that the non-digital generation are just discarded.
There should be duel , manual systems running until us 'more mature' have departed.
If nothing else, out of respect for us less advanced oldtimemers 🤔

We are in a digital age , and it's such a shame that the non-digital generation are just discarded.
There should be duel , manual systems running until us 'more mature' have departed.
If nothing else, out of respect for us less advanced oldtimemers 🤔

so if you have to own a smartphone or home internet and printer then this is more discriminatory than a vaccine passport. At least you can phone or visit your gp and get a printed version.

Alright for somewhere like Man United who are virtually sold out for the season with more people waiting for availability. For gills when you are trying to entice a range of fans and make things easier in different ways then this could be a f stupid idea lol.

How many tickets would they have to sell in person to cover the staff manning the ticket office's wages. Surely not that many. I think they will lose more than they gain by selling tickets this in way.

I bought a two-year season ticket in March 2020, and the new system shows my ticket us just 'reserved until August 7'. In this state I am unable to download my ticket. There have been various promises that the club are going to further process these tickets, not least on the website last Friday, but still it has not been done. I don't understand why this wasn't done at the start, given that I had already paid. Judging by the other forums a lot of us are in the same boat. I am now fearing that I won't be at the first match, despite paying two years up front and agreeing to forgo last season's money.

I’ve been wanting Gills to embrace e-tickets for years so I’m glad in one sense that we’re doing this, but I still believe we should have a (albeit limited) ticket office open.

At the same time replace some of the unoccupied windows with TVMs allowing supporters to rock up and buy a ticket (after selecting a seat) without needing staff. You don’t need to worry with smart-looking complex physical tickets to prevent fraud as the QR code system should prevent any misuse.

Make everywhere cashless other than maybe one or two tuck shops. The problem is you’ll need to train up people to handle cash when manning them.

When going into e-ticketing we needed a professional set-up looking like it was a Daimler product. Unfortunately, it seems we've gone with the Delboy product set-up...