Coronavirus | Page 737 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

I have had Covid in the last couple of weeks and I’m double vaccinated. I’m so pleased I was because it’s knocked me about and without the vaccine I think it could have been very serious. I’m still suffering with my throat and upper respiratory tract and extreme tiredness.
Glad to hear you've pulled through ok mate, as you say we may have been having a whip-round for you now. win win situation you're ok and we've all saved a quid!

What we learned from Prof Jonathan Van-Tam
The deputy chief medical officer for England, Jonathan Van-Tam, has been live on the BBC News Channel answering questions from BBC Radio 1 Newsbeat listeners.
Here's what we found out:
  • The vaccine rollout has prevented 22 million cases and 60,000 deaths, according to Public Health England figures
  • Young people are still being taken to intensive care because of Covid
  • The JCVI is still considering whether to vaccinate children but the risk to them is "extremely low"
  • Covid variants have diluted the effectiveness of the vaccines - but they are still saving lives and stopping the NHS being overwhelmed
  • The JCVI are still considering what to do when it comes to booster jabs for the under-50s
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-58008618

Yesterdays reporting:
Tested 797,775 Cases 27734
Todays reporting
Tested 911.012 Cases 31117
It would be interesting to see how many tests were being carried when we had the higher numbers compared with how many are being tested now.

Have just looked at the reporting two weeks ago today.
Tested over 1.2m Cases 48553
Today. Tested 911,012 Cases 31117.
300,000 less tested 17436 less cases.
Me being the old cynic I am I would suggest that the Gov are testing less in order to keep the numbers down.

At my work our bosses told us to turn off the NHS tracking app 5 MONTHS ago as it was ping us randomly and telling others they had to isolate because they had been in contact with some of the pinged people , our boss rang up NHS I.T for advice and was told on 3 occasions " just switch it off & on again " just like an over sea's call centre response , so decided that was enough and told us all either delete or switch it off at work . We were also told if anyone while off work was pinged with the app they would not be given sick time or pay and would be classed as AWOL unless they had a test kit to prove different .
But still the government is pushing this out to be used and still it's broken !!!!
What is wrong with them either fix it or bin it .

At my work our bosses told us to turn off the NHS tracking app 5 MONTHS ago as it was ping us randomly and telling others they had to isolate because they had been in contact with some of the pinged people , our boss rang up NHS I.T for advice and was told on 3 occasions " just switch it off & on again " just like an over sea's call centre response , so decided that was enough and told us all either delete or switch it off at work . We were also told if anyone while off work was pinged with the app they would not be given sick time or pay and would be classed as AWOL unless they had a test kit to prove different .
But still the government is pushing this out to be used and still it's broken !!!!
What is wrong with them either fix it or bin it .

Been shite from the start hasn't it? Instead of using the systems already in place, these pillocks thought they would re-invent the wheel, sadly the wheel they came up with is square.

Me being the old cynic I am I would suggest that the Gov are testing less in order to keep the numbers down.

While I wouldn't doubt it, I think less and less people are inclined to go get themselves tested. Interesting though that the cases and positive test % are almost exactly the same both days you posted 3.4%.

By American standards, I think <5% is "low transmission" and essentially life can continue as normal. No masks indoors.