Parrott off to MKDons | Vital Football

Parrott off to MKDons

Spursex

Alert Team
Troy Parrott is having a medical at League One side MK Dons, according to the Telegraph’s Mike McGrath.

The 19-year-old spent last season with Millwall and then Ipswich, but scored just three goals across those two spells.

However, Parrott has been given another opportunity to get regular game-time with the Dons, who Spurs beat 3-1 in pre-season last night.

Parrott was a late substitute at Stadium MK, his third outing off the bench in pre-season, but doesn’t appear to be in Nuno Espirito Santo’s plans and will therefore spent another campaign out on loan.

Having made his first-team debut under Mauricio Pochettino against Colchester almost two years ago, Parrott was then handed his Premier League bow by Jose Mourinho pre-lockdown but didn’t make a single Tottenham appearance in 2020-2021.

He did score his first senior goals for the Republic of Ireland in a friendly against Andorra over the summer, but the Telegraph believe that he’s currently undergoing his Dons medical ahead of a season-long loan move.

It's down to him. He needs to get going in League 1.

Saying that, if I read the press, Kion Etete is being used as bait for Caleb Chukwuemeka.

Perhaps we're hedging our bets and trying to nick MK Dons best young players in the next year or so.

Saying that, if I read the press, Kion Etete is being used as bait for Caleb Chukwuemeka.

Perhaps we're hedging our bets and trying to nick MK Dons best young players in the next year or so.

Try making a song out of Caleb Chukwuemeka.

I imagine you can do something with the macerena.

Have to say he's shown nothing that convinces me he'll make it as a PL striker - but It's still early days, let's hope he gets an injury-free loan period and can step it up..

There were a couple of moments against Colchester where I thought he looked sharp in fairness. There is something there but he needs to start grabbing the opportunities being given to him. He could do well in that MK side if he works hard.

muttley got there before me, read the same, KE for CC.

By all accounts he had a good game for them, speaking with one of their youth coaches later, so might get a bit more insight then.

A few comments from a coacing friend; the shocker is they he's still not match fit (his view)!, he almost scored a second and almost made one, played much better but at times can be a bit of a headless chicken, but everyone was impressed with his commitment and quality.

they expect him to get better.

rated him 7/10

Got a very good 8/10 from my youth coaching friend there today, thinks there is more to come as he's finding his match fitness slowly but surely.

Well done Troy.
I can't find the clip of his goal now, but his movement for it was really sharp. As soon as the ball broke out of a tackle he was gone and then nobody could get near him.

Turns out his "assist" wasn't an assist. It took a deflection after he had passed the ball on

I can't find the clip of his goal now, but his movement for it was really sharp. As soon as the ball broke out of a tackle he was gone and then nobody could get near him.

Turns out his "assist" wasn't an assist. It took a deflection after he had passed the ball on

But it made it happen apparently, they're getting quite excited about him at MKDons now. I've got a young lad there too (he may well make the grade too) but he's already telling us he's killing it in training. (they are allowed to watch).