Coronavirus | Page 736 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

My neighbour is home from hospital although it will be sometime before I get to talk to him. Just spoke to his wife, the hospital have told him it will take at least 3 months for him to recover. He is very tired and weak and can just about get up the stairs.

I'm not a fan of the French but they have it right no vaccinations, you get no cinema no restaurants, no long-distance travel no anything.
It seems to be working

Down 37% on the rolling 7 day scale though.

So much for the scare stories of 200k per day. Got to about 40k now heading back down.

Makes sense. Estimates suggest 92% of adults how have some level of antibodies

Honestly don't think the virologists were trying to scare with the 100 to 200 000 estimates, just how the virus can exponentially double. Just got to hold tight now and hope this doesn't change Friday onward as the cases for end of restrictions show.

Looks like the scientific world are nicely surprised for a change though doesn't it.

Fingers and everything else crossed.

This is pure speculation from me but my theory is the majority of early cases are the dimwits who are not careful, didn't want vaccine, and so on. Within that then there are a bunch of people who either, unfortunately, came into contact with these same folk or got it due to the nature of their work, living situation etc.

Thats my theory for why cases slow down and then most people seem reasonable and heed the warnings.

It used to be one sick person was infecting 1-2 people so when you extrapolate that out there is a critical mass somewhere along the way. Plus there is no incentive to assume the best and usually that turns into a disaster if you assume the best but the worst begins to happen.

We do seem to be getting back to some sort of normality. I usually have my annual check over at the Drs in December. Nothing last Dec, they phoned yesterday and asked me to go to the surgery next week to have the blood tests done. So a start in the right direction.

Is this what happens when you let your mates arrange contracts?

A million masks supplied to the NHS as high grade did not meet the correct level of protection, tests have found.
The masks, assumed to be the FFP3 type, also had invalid CE safety marking, the emblem used to signify compliance with European standards, a report said.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57999162

Fang Tian 🤣

Just to show what they're at in the US. CDC recommends masks indoors in areas with substantial and high transmission. So essentially 80%+ of the entire country. We'll see where this shit show takes us.

Feel like they should do something similar in Europe. Give people some data and visualize the risks. I don't even know what's happening in Ireland, they just seem to go on a county-by-county basis as well but its all verbal.

We also only seem to be roughly around 70% of the way to full vaccination too. Which is a little surprising in a blue state.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#county-view

I always watch half hour of CNN every night. In some states masks are being mandated in schools for all kids over the age of five. They showed one place not sure where but there was a group of parents burning masks chanting burn the masks stop the kids cruelty. FFs
I have just googled it and its happening in a few places. Its being widely reported but in the Sun its got a video of the kids burning them.

Last edited:
From the Twitterati
“Prof Ferguson might come across a little too emphatic sometimes, but the people criticising him for changing his opinion on the basis of new evidence don't seem to understand what science is.”

Politics.co.uk editor-at-large Ian Dunt on criticism of Professor Neil Ferguson.

I have had Covid in the last couple of weeks and I’m double vaccinated. I’m so pleased I was because it’s knocked me about and without the vaccine I think it could have been very serious. I’m still suffering with my throat and upper respiratory tract and extreme tiredness.