iFollow 21/22 | Vital Football

iFollow 21/22

Scrimp

Vital Youth Team
Could be interesting to see which way they go this season with respect to Uk accounts.
Having watched every game last season it does bring you closer to the club for those that for whatever reason can’t attend on a regular basis (season ticket or not).

I might be wrong… (who am I kidding I’m almost always wrong) but I thought it was already known that IFollow streams won’t be available in the UK next season. Annoyingly I can’t find where I’ve read this but will update if I do.

Edit: i found an MK dons tweet in reply about Saturday matches on iFollow

as far as I can find the Saturday blackout is back for this season

Last edited:
Just jumping on this to see if anyone knows.

In normal seasons who takes the £10 for an Imps away fixture. I know last season it was worked out by expected away following but before this happened. Does the home team keep all £10's or does it go to the Club the pass is purchased through.

I never used ifollow before getting the passes with my season ticket but will be using it for midweek away games this season and was just wondering if i am funding the Imps or the Home team.

Just jumping on this to see if anyone knows.

In normal seasons who takes the £10 for an Imps away fixture. I know last season it was worked out by expected away following but before this happened. Does the home team keep all £10's or does it go to the Club the pass is purchased through.

I never used ifollow before getting the passes with my season ticket but will be using it for midweek away games this season and was just wondering if i am funding the Imps or the Home team.

Think you will find you will have to pay for midweek away games even as a ST holder

The home team keeps c80% of the fee

Think you will find you will have to pay for midweek away games even as a ST holder

The home team keeps c80% of the fee

Yep i know i will have to pay just wondered if Lincoln or the home club get my hard earned cash.

I might be wrong… (who am I kidding I’m almost always wrong) but I thought it was already known that IFollow streams won’t be available in the UK next season. Annoyingly I can’t find where I’ve read this but will update if I do.

Edit: i found an MK dons tweet in reply about Saturday matches on iFollow

as far as I can find the Saturday blackout is back for this season

Why would they stop this?
Was great watching games at home.
And many still will be at home.

And away games nearly all of us won't be at them.
Surely the clubs need whatever income they can get?

Who has made this decision? And can an individual club over-ride it and choose to show their own games?

Why would they stop this?
Was great watching games at home.
And many still will be at home.

And away games nearly all of us won't be at them.
Surely the clubs need whatever income they can get?

Who has made this decision? And can an individual club over-ride it and choose to show their own games?

It's a FIFA regulation and only allowed last season due to the extenuating circumstances. The money clubs get is nothing compared to what they get through the turnstiles. The ban on the 3pm Saturday showings needs to be re-introduced otherwise clubs are just not long term sustainable. It's not just about paying for your ticket for the club. They would have lost thousands this year on food and drink etc...sold on game days

Interestingly - this is on topic, although it may appear not to be - some theatres are still planning to sell remote passes but only after they sell a certain amount of on-site capacity.

Not really possible with football, I suppose, given the potentially quite high on-the-gate purchases.

It's a FIFA regulation and only allowed last season due to the extenuating circumstances. The money clubs get is nothing compared to what they get through the turnstiles. The ban on the 3pm Saturday showings needs to be re-introduced otherwise clubs are just not long term sustainable. It's not just about paying for your ticket for the club. They would have lost thousands this year on food and drink etc...sold on game days

Except with sold out grounds (as ours effectively is), more people watching on ifollow would be bringing in extra income.
And even more so as our support keeps growing.

Really don't get why football would refuse extra income.

There are two areas where I would like to see the Saturday ban relaxed. As Hoof mentions, once the game is sold out for home and away fans (a rare beast) and for fans who have pre-applied for an exemption with supporting evidence, meeting proscribed criteria e.g. disability, significant underlying illness/health condition, aged over 90 etc.

The guidelines would be debatable but you get my drift. I would need to be persuaded of stringent checks before even considering opening it up on geographic grounds (sorry Scotimp) as I would be worried about a significant minority seeking to abuse the concession.

Last edited:
Except with sold out grounds (as ours effectively is), more people watching on ifollow would be bringing in extra income.
And even more so as our support keeps growing.

Really don't get why football would refuse extra income.

Thin end of the wedge. The numbers attending games would get lower and lower and clubs would simply fold

for those of us who live hundreds of miles away they could sell digital season tickets. A physical attendance is not practicable. if they do it for oversea they could do it for us out of towners.

The thought of listening to drivel on the radio commentary will encourage me to go to more home and away games and I live in Scotland. On a separate matter the transmission of Saturday league football would be the death of lower league football.

Idisagree. I think it would have little affect on attendances, and overall bring in extra revenue.

Just iFollow increase the price to £15-£20 per game, so the club receives nearly much as a physical spectator. I can't get to any live game, but I'd watch and pay for all 46 on iFollow.

There also must also be many home season ticket holders who can't travel to away games who would pay for iFollow on a match by match basis too. Especially having got used to the streaming technology last season.