The Official John Terry Thread | Page 59 | Vital Football

The Official John Terry Thread

I've heard whispers that Keinan Davis is going to be converted into an assistant manager.

I think he could do a job there to be honest if only he was given a fair chance.

In all seriousness I am pretty pleased Terry is moving on. This will now allow the much better Shakespeare to take more of a prominent role.

I think he could do a job there to be honest if only he was given a fair chance.

In all seriousness I am pretty pleased Terry is moving on. This will now allow the much better Shakespeare to take more of a prominent role.
Think they complemented each other. Shaky's had much more experience at coaching a whole team in an integrated way. JT had unrivalled experience in a successful defence and indeed a successful team right up to Champions League level.

Think Shaky has been taking a prominent role. More experience than JT or DS. Cutler has interests in defence as well as goal keeping, and maybe will handle that side of things. However there was talk about employing a set piece expert; that's where we're weak.

Best of luck of him, be interesting to see where he ends up, at least he has a bit of grounding and experience of what it takes to be a manager, should bode well for him when he takes a job.

I'm guessing this season we'll find out if JT actually did anything except play golf and run around the lanes of Bodymore keeping himself fit.
I've absolutely no doubt the players all looked up to him and he probably attracted a few to the club.
As for his coaching input who knows?

I'm not that bothered either way

I really didn’t like JT before he came, though he’s definitely grown on me and I think he’s changed a lot as a person from what I’ve seen on him on the socials. He seems quite a smart guy actually having followed him on the socials for a few years.

At the end of the day, he was always going leave at some point - I’m a little surprised he stayed this long actually. It seems he’s well respected in the dressing room as a bit of a mentor to the players.

I always thought if John Terry was in chargethe midfielders including wingers would have to be more defensive and get into shape, I suspect the JT teams of the future will be first and foremost hard to break down, which isn’t how we play despite an excellent defensive record last season.

Good luck to him, future potential manager in the future if he learns and proves himself somewhere on the lower league pyramid.

Be interesting to see who will now kop the 'what the fcuk does Terry do ?" when we go on a poor run.
Came here to post just this.

Perhaps we retained him as a deterrent. "Pay badly and JT is smashing your wife in lads". Clearly didn't work last season at times though, therefore he's off.

Came here to post just this.

Perhaps we retained him as a deterrent. "Pay badly and JT is smashing your wife in lads". Clearly didn't work last season at times though, therefore he's off.
Got fed up of shagging the WAGS - I can see how that would become a chore 😂😂

personally i suspect his contract wasn't renewed and Shakespeare was always the replacement and planned. but that is just my opinion.
either way JT was brilliant for us. always liked the bloke. i have a very nice JT story from years ago which made me respect him years ago despite all the flak.

personally i suspect his contract wasn't renewed and Shakespeare was always the replacement and planned. but that is just my opinion.
either way JT was brilliant for us. always liked the bloke. i have a very nice JT story from years ago which made me respect him years ago despite all the flak.

I fully believe Shakey was the replacement, but I think he had another year to go, so we've effectively mutually cancelled contract mate. Otherwise I don't see him starting this season if he wasn't under contract.

If he's got invites elsewhere, and huge rumours of Chelsea wanting to add him to staff, I don't see cracks.....I see this as his eventual next step.