The Official John Terry Thread | Page 58 | Vital Football

The Official John Terry Thread

Disappointed JT is leaving, but better it happens now rather than cause us problems mid-season. Think he would be a good shout for the England Under 21 job myself. I'm sure he would have far more to offer than the last clown they had in charge and he's someone the youngsters will know about and look up to.

All the best JT. Did well for us both as a player and as a coach. I'm sure the defence learnt a lot from him. And the squad in general benefitted from his influence. Jack said he had a lot of advice from him.

He wasn't going to stay beyond next summer when his contract ran out, so maybe if he'd stayed it would be marking time a bit. He's probably already had enough offers to know how the managerial land lies.

Re Swansea, I don't think the problems stem from the new owners. They'd been in a mess from some time before, from when they sacked Laudrup really. Going from playing in Europe to stuck in the Championship took some doing. They were improving under Potter and there's hope for them yet. Ayew was probably being paid too much and past his prime.

Sorry to see him go really. Hard to know how much influence he had over the last couple years, but our defence was mean last season - hope they remember all of his tips! Good luck to him with his career.

Disappointed JT is leaving, but better it happens now rather than cause us problems mid-season. Think he would be a good shout for the England Under 21 job myself. I'm sure he would have far more to offer than the last clown they had in charge and he's someone the youngsters will know about and look up to.

I heard that Lee Carsley was going to get that job.
As for JT, I think that he "got" the Villa and gave it his best shot during the time he was here.

Done well here and has played a strong role in our return to the top flight and consolidation as a midtable club.

Fair play to him for not just jumping straight into a big management role straight away unlike all of the other clowns.