Transfer Window - Summer 2021 | Page 76 | Vital Football

Transfer Window - Summer 2021

Kane has been sold to Citeh? Nope, he hasn't.

This transfer moves have nothing whatsoever to do with Harry Kane, in any form.

Nor predicated upon any sales.

The impressiveness is how these deals are getting done, in the face of a media onslaught of utter garbage, and there's little doubt that the restructuring has had a positive impact right away.

A coach willing to concentrate on the pitch, and let others handle the squad composition bits, and a GM trusted enough by the Chairman to allow him the reigns to make things happen, is also key.

Doesnt sound like the dealing is yet done either, in the front office or back.

There's also still that one big thing out there.....

Let's wait and see how things look at the end of the window then. Its very good that you are confident but from personal experience, when spurs spend big it's when big name players are leaving the club

Let's wait and see how things look at the end of the window then. Its very good that you are confident but from personal experience, when spurs spend big it's when big name players are leaving the club

Or when other biz efforts reap rewards.....

If we land up with a fit and revitalised midfield of:

Hoby
N'dom
Dele
Loso

With
Son

I would be quite OK with that

Revitalised? That's a sorry midfield if I've ever seen one.

GLC was signed for over £50 million, Ndombele £60, both have been with us for two years and have shown nothing more than 'potential', with plenty of injuries, poor eating habits and amateur mentality.

Then there's Dele who hasn't shown up in 3 full seasons, who's now also extremely injury prone.

Any one of these is probably a risk worth taking, but gambling on all three is madness.

GLC was signed for over £50 million, Ndombele £60, both have been with us for two years and have shown nothing more than 'potential', with plenty of injuries, poor eating habits and amateur mentality.

Then there's Dele who hasn't shown up in 3 full seasons, who's now also extremely injury prone.

Any one of these is probably a risk worth taking, but gambling on all three is madness.
'If fit and revitalised' are the key words you have missed there.

Otherwise I am in agreement.

Even though I agree as it stands this is our best midfield.

Our midfield just hasn't clicked yet. There's a missing link that i believe will tie everything together. Whether it's Skippy, Gil, Loco or a rejuvenated Dele, who knows? I'm just hoping Nuno will.

Yeah, I think we are fine with Skipp, Hoj, Ndom, Loco & Dele, any arrivals in those positions will probably lead to one of those leaving. Would be nice to see room for John, Devine and a few others get minutes too.

Maybe sorting out the defence will give the midfield an extra boost. Can't be easy when the strikers and midfield are doing their jobs but the cretins behind them are playing pub league standard football.

I think a nice solid base that doesn't have the comedy of errors in it that our present one does; will see a perceived improvement in our midfield.

Yeah, I think we are fine with Skipp, Hoj, Ndom, Loco & Dele, any arrivals in those positions will probably lead to one of those leaving. Would be nice to see room for John, Devine and a few others get minutes too.

Maybe sorting out the defence will give the midfield an extra boost. Can't be easy when the strikers and midfield are doing their jobs but the cretins behind them are playing pub league standard football.

I think a nice solid base that doesn't have the comedy of errors in it that our present one does; will see a perceived improvement in our midfield.
Most definitely.

How long should it take for them to click?

Dele is on his last chance. Ndombele can go for me. Lo celso has bright spots.
That's a fair point. Tanguy has struggled to settle, Loco has struggled with Injury & Dele has had a crisis of confidence. Many a club would have offed them by now, especially Dele. I still feel we have a good mix of young players though, despite their poor showing over the last year or two.

Perhaps the introduction of either Skipp or Gil can make a difference or better still Nuno & his coaching staff getting to grips with the lads who have come up short all too often.

That's a fair point. Tanguy has struggled to settle, Loco has struggled with Injury & Dele has had a crisis of confidence. Many a club would have offed them by now, especially Dele. I still feel we have a good mix of young players though, despite their poor showing over the last year or two.

Perhaps the introduction of either Skipp or Gil can make a difference or better still Nuno & his coaching staff getting to grips with the lads who have come up short all too often.

With that being said, we can afford to let 1 or 2 of them go n maybe buy another striker.

Well we know Hojbjerg and Dele will comfortably shift to a higher intensity with more pressing. Both prefer it based on the way they play. My current concern would be Tanguy and Gio. I've only seen Gio complete 2 matches without being subbed in the last year. I don't think he'll have a problem aligning with the press. It's just whether his body lets him. As for Tanguy, I'm hoping his current absence is because the fitness team are building his stamina to levels we've not seen in a Spurs shirt.

I do agree that if we could get these 4 working together and also get 2 flying full-backs on their outside, life would be good. They have the ability to control other midfields and win matches.

We can't keep giving Winks and Moura so much playing time.

I
Well we know Hojbjerg and Dele will comfortably shift to a higher intensity with more pressing. Both prefer it based on the way they play. My current concern would be Tanguy and Gio. I've only seen Gio complete 2 matches without being subbed in the last year. I don't think he'll have a problem aligning with the press. It's just whether his body lets him. As for Tanguy, I'm hoping his current absence is because the fitness team are building his stamina to levels we've not seen in a Spurs shirt.

I do agree that if we could get these 4 working together and also get 2 flying full-backs on their outside, life would be good. They have the ability to control other midfields and win matches.

We can't keep giving Winks and Moura so much playing time.

I am interested to see if and how Sessegnon fits in. Either instead of Reggie or in addition to Davies etc.