#COVID19 | Page 1073 | Vital Football

#COVID19

Mate of mine double jabbed and got a dose two weeks ago. Saw him yesterday and he said it had laid him low and he gets out of breath easily. Herd immunity must be getting close by now surely.
they keep saying herd immunity which seems the governments choice from the start but there is no type of immunity is there

Apparently everyone will need to be double jabbed by October for any football matches with a crowd over 20,000, although they are looking to extend this to all the pro leagues in football.

but youve been keeping your distance, wearing masks and not attending busy public events, how did you get it?
No idea. I work from home and usually only go to the supermarket and the chemist. I always wear a mask when I am out as well.

Plenty of people are saying that they have been careful and still got it though so…

Apparently everyone will need to be double jabbed by October for any football matches with a crowd over 20,000, although they are looking to extend this to all the pro leagues in football.
everybody as in literally everybody? not sure thats ever actually going to happen is it? Even in adults they still reckon 20% are adamant they wont take it

29,000 yesterday- fifth consecutive day the number has fallen.

Some Scientists were predicting we'd definately be pushing 100,000 a day at some point in August.

Kids aren't all off school yet either. It's different in different areas- certainly in Notts many are there until Wednesday.

However, bizarrely, the daily figures exclude anyone who has ever had the virus before, even if that was in the first wave

No idea. I work from home and usually only go to the supermarket and the chemist. I always wear a mask when I am out as well.

Plenty of people are saying that they have been careful and still got it though so…

Because masks only work if they are ffp2 or N95 as I keep telling Paz

Neil Ferguson 18th July...

'It's almost inevitable that cases will reach 100,000"

July 18: 48,161
July 19: 39,950
July 20: 46,558
July 21: 44,104
July 22: 39,906
July 23: 36,389
July 24: 31,795
July 25: 29,173

More fantastic soothsaying from the dribbling, perpetually incorrect, muppet.
And I seem to think the CEO of the WHO claiming that any unlocking of Britain was "lunacy" or something like that.

Or at least, that's what China told him to say

Neil Ferguson 18th July...

'It's almost inevitable that cases will reach 100,000"

July 18: 48,161
July 19: 39,950
July 20: 46,558
July 21: 44,104
July 22: 39,906
July 23: 36,389
July 24: 31,795
July 25: 29,173

More fantastic soothsaying from the dribbling, perpetually incorrect, muppet.

Hopefully it will carry on downwards. What's the time lag on the figures though, as I don't think there are as many post 19th July figures as there looks at first glance. (Or maybe the papers are talking about the time lag of people catching it).

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ive-days-in-row-for-first-time-since-february

Last edited:
And I seem to think the CEO of the WHO claiming that any unlocking of Britain was "lunacy" or something like that.

Or at least, that's what China told him to say

I have nothing against Neil Ferguson personally and I wish him well obvs, however can you imagine what would happen if you made mistake after mistake in your job, along with an embarrassing breach of the rules which you helped to create?

This buffoon is edging towards Johnson level fuckwittery.

I think that the next month to six weeks will be very telling in terms of the number of cases. This is the point where I would think there is the most risk of us having to take a backward step so we will see.

Hopefully it will carry on downwards. What's the time lag on the figures though, as I don't think there are as many post 19th July figures as there looks at first glance. (Or maybe the papers are talking about the time lag of people catching it).

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ive-days-in-row-for-first-time-since-february
Yeah this is the big thing now. If we don't see a massive bump in figures it means we're pretty much safe to come out of restrictions (other than music venues, of course, cos who gives a fuck about music or musicians?)

Yeah this is the big thing now. If we don't see a massive bump in figures it means we're pretty much safe to come out of restrictions (other than music venues, of course, cos who gives a fuck about music or musicians?)
We should be starting to see the effects of the British Grand Prix and other events now.

Delta takes less time to come through; 3.6 days on average between exposure and positive test, compared to nearly 6 for Alpha.

Not sure when we'll see those stats through.

I suspect we'll see things go up, but not massively. Not a lot has really changed. I am noticing more people without masks. Maybe 60-40 to people with them. But I am skeptical as to how much they are a panacea of viral prevention anyway