Josh Griffiths Set To Sign? | Page 3 | Vital Football

Josh Griffiths Set To Sign?

Do you reckon? I think there'd be some useful ones around for short term loans. You just look at west brom and they've got Palmer as third choice and griffiths fourth at the mo, some teams have more depth than that and you can't fit them all on your bench.

I think there were a few in L1 this last season, Blackpool had a guy from reading for a few games, Wimbledon had a couple of emergency loans, Gillingham had Lumley who is pretty highly rated (so did donny) and bursik had two spells etc so it's not unheard of.

It's not great throwing people straight in I guess, but for the money saved over the season you might get a bit extra from a forward you pay a bit more or something, or the ability to bring a Rogers in in January. To get an actually good back up you probably have to spend a bit of money, and either way assuming they don't start many games they're going to be out of nick a bit.
Peterborough seemed to go through a few keepers last season didn’t seem to do them any harm

Perhaps Steve Croudson could be on the bench to cover Griffiths. We could then bring in an emergency keeper or bring back Long from whatever loan he is on if Griffiths did get an injury

Good to get a 'keeper squared away, finally! Very similar path to Palmer in terms of L2 experience, amount of clean sheets etc.

Will be interesting to see whether he's at Palmer's level.