Preseason Fixtures | Page 24 | Vital Football

Preseason Fixtures

A proper way to build a squad should include bringing in someone like Tammy Abraham to actually challenge Ollie Watkins for the centre forward shirt to keep him on his toes and let him know his place in the team shouldn't be taken for granted.

That's what other teams aiming for the top 6 do so why should we be any different?

Last edited:
No point reading anything to this training match (they are not pre season friendlies) or the one on Wednesday , or any other training match.

Seen us fly through training matches before the season starts and we have had a shit season. Seen us stink before the season starts and then we are great when the season starts.

However, totally agree with the striker situation. It was the same last season though wasn’t it ? . And I said so aswell.

Davis is utter shite. Wesley is a write off to some but to others like me can be given a chance again. But the fact that he didn’t cover himself in glory before his injury and then gets the type of injury he did means we just do not know if he can function at football at any level means we have Watkins. And we have to be honest that he has had one season at the top level. My head says he will be ok again but let’s not fool ourselves and say it’s a guarantee. The game is littered with strikers who have one good season and never repeat.

In short. One hundred percent we need a top quality striker .

The Stoke player knew what he was doing and Wesley fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

He was a liability before that incident so can you seriously imagine teams not setting out to wind him up and gain an advantage by having the Villa team down to 10 men.

Last edited:
The Stoke player knew what he was doing and Wesley fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

He was a liability before that incident so can you seriously imagine teams not setting out to wind him up and gain an advantage by having the Villa team down to 10 men.

The guy is a fake earning loads of money under false pretenses.
too much of a risk if he's going to react like that . Get rid

Aren't we overreacting a bit here? Plenty of players have had a red mist moment before and Stoke were leaving the foot in and being niggly as fuck. Maybe Wes considered it a free hit with it being a friendly.

A proper way to build a squad should include bringing in someone like Tammy Abraham to actually challenge Ollie Watkins for the centre forward shirt to keep him on his toes and let him know his place in the team shouldn't be taken for granted.

That's what other teams aiming for the top 6 do so why should we be any different?

Do they though? Spurs have had the same issue as us for nearly 7 or 8 years. You can't just go buying top quality and expect one of them to be happy to miss out. You have to be clever and buy someone who's good enough but also happy to be a bit part. That's either someone getting on a bit or a youngster, or someone from a lower league.

Stoke player being an absolute gobshite there -
still if Wes is to react he should have absolutely planted one on him (altho he'd have probably missed)
Gotta agree with that, I do believe the refs have to start coming down harder on the instigators too, how many times do they get away without any punishment.

Just back , the longer the game went on the worse we got. Looked like they had been beasted for a couple of days tbh , very leggy and sloppy. Stoke had a few that played 90 mins so far more advanced sharpness wise than us. Wesley was ridiculous reacting the way he did always going to get a red for that although I said at half time the ref was terrible and he like us managed to get worse as the game went on.

Aren't we overreacting a bit here? Plenty of players have had a red mist moment before and Stoke were leaving the foot in and being niggly as fuck. Maybe Wes considered it a free hit with it being a friendly.

I think strikers (or any player really) who are getting sent off like that just aren’t there in the head. Instead of being focussed on fitness and competitive minutes, he’s lost his head. I just don’t get it, he can’t be all there mentally right now for himself or the campaign. He needs to get there quickly though.

I think strikers (or any player really) who are getting sent off like that just aren’t there in the head. Instead of being focussed on fitness and competitive minutes, he’s lost his head. I just don’t get it, he can’t be all there mentally right now for himself or the campaign. He needs to get there quickly though.
I'm not pretending it's a good thing but it's not like he has a history of it is it? Agree he needs to get his head in the game quickly to take his second chance this season.