Forest v crewe | Vital Football

Forest v crewe

Paul Taylor
@nottmtails

·
44s

A strong #NFFC team at Crewe Looks like Loic Mbe Soh at left-back. Gaetan Bong on the bench... Brennan is back.

Samba
Gabriel, Worrall, McKenna, Mbe Soh
Yates, Colback
Lolley, Johnson, Mighten
Grabban

Subs: Smith, Carvalho, Bong, Cafu, Taylor, Fernandes, Fornah.
That doesn’t look like that bad a side in fairness. Some good young talent in display.

Soh at lb or are they trying wing backs but no one really on for the left side wb? Shame there's no links.

It's no where near as good as the side that was utter shit at the end of the season.

Still, can't play much worse than that side did
Ouch. This is only a friendly and that side doesn’t look half bad in my eyes.

The back 5 look decent and probably no worse than the defence which was one of the best in the division.

Yates and Colback are potentially very defensive but it depends on what instructions Yates and the full backs are given.

Lolley if he is getting back to full fitness and form will be an asset and Mighten was steadily improving although he has a long way to go. Johnson is well worth trying with the season he has had. Whether he is ready for the step up I am not sure but I do now that that 3 can’t be worse than the attacking 3 we were using last season.

Grabban is Grabban. He isn’t getting any younger but having willing runners around him could well give him a new lease of life.

It's no where near as good as the side that was utter shit at the end of the season.

Still, can't play much worse than that side did
That's a bit harsh, it's still a case of getting minutes in to players at the moment & I think it looks reasonable, depends of course if people play to their potential as ever. Be interesting to see if Mbe Soh can do a job at LB

We seem to be doing quietly OK in pre-season. A few decent signings in the right positions might even create some positivity.