Fat To Fit - The Start of My Journey | Vital Football

Fat To Fit - The Start of My Journey

Best wishes, Jules. It's tough to keep going sometimes, but worth it. Keeping this site running makes many of us grateful to you.

Good luck, Jules. I don't know if running/jogging is your thing, but if it is/you'd like it to be then the NHS couch to 5k app is a good way to get into it slowly and sustainably - I used it myself. Headphones on with that to guide you plus music or a podcast can make the experience more pleasant! I hope you get where you want to be.

Ticking over pretty nicely at the moment. I'm down to 14 stone 6 and a half.

I was never unfit as such because I have always been quite active, but I've managed to get myself back to walking 10 miles a day!
Good going, Jules. That's a cracking distance to be doing daily!

Good luck, Jules. I don't know if running/jogging is your thing, but if it is/you'd like it to be then the NHS couch to 5k app is a good way to get into it slowly and sustainably - I used it myself. Headphones on with that to guide you plus music or a podcast can make the experience more pleasant! I hope you get where you want to be.

My wife did this - with music on headphones - and a year later she is preparing for the Great North Run :oops:

Good luck, sustainable changes are the key - not fad diets or starving yourself. Accountability and allowing for treats without feeling guilty.

MyFitnessPal is great for calorie tracking.

musclefood also do some great prepped convenient food pots (as I’m sure other companies do).

Hope this isn’t sounding patronising or unsolicited advice!

My wife did this - with music on headphones - and a year later she is preparing for the Great North Run :oops:

Funny isn't it, how different our preferences are. I have never run - nor wanted to run - wearing headphones. One of the joys for me of being out for a run is enjoying the quiet, or natural sounds (alternatively, needing to listen out for traffic!!). Have done some of my best thinking on a long run, or letting my mind wander

Funny isn't it, how different our preferences are. I have never run - nor wanted to run - wearing headphones. One of the joys for me of being out for a run is enjoying the quiet, or natural sounds (alternatively, needing to listen out for traffic!!). Have done some of my best thinking on a long run, or letting my mind wander
I'm the same - although I don't run - different things for different people I guess!

Blimey, it must have worked for her! :clap:

The running complemented a diet, but she made the discovery that it contributed to her mental health. It might mean that there is something mentally healthy for everyone, but we still might need to discover what it is.

The running complemented a diet, but she made the discovery that it contributed to her mental health. It might mean that there is something mentally healthy for everyone, but we still might need to discover what it is.

It's the exercise, doesn't really matter what it is as long as it generates dopamine and serotonin for your brain...