Rhys Bennett signs | Page 2 | Vital Football

Rhys Bennett signs

Guys, he's called Rhys Gordon Bennett...

How are we not laughing about that above anything else?!?!
I don't care what his name is as long as he can defend as part of our team .I will applaud him for that and I definitely won't laugh at his name that's the least a decent player deserves.

Good signing. I'm sure one or two posters on here put his name forward some time ago as someone who would be a useful signing

I’ve heard we might sign Philip Inneck and Toto Bullocks. New female physio, Crystal Mitie in the pipeline too.

Good signing. I'm sure one or two posters on here put his name forward some time ago as someone who would be a useful signing
Yes I think some thought we’d sign him when he left Peterborough, but he went to Carlisle- I assume they outbid us with wages.
Perhaps he’s decided that he prefers it down south hence we were able to get him this time.

If we did better Burton's offer that's no mean feat as they appear to be a club who find cash down the back of the sofa.

Scally did say in his update last week that we’ve got a better budget than last season. I wonder whether he’s asked SE to tone down on the “lowest budget in the division” flannel?

Perhaps he’s decided that he prefers it down south hence we were able to get him this time.

It could be argued that he has never played "down south".

1627069643483.png

I think his parents live near Manchester so it could have been the case that Carlisle is closer to where his extended family is and wanting to be closer during covid. That is assuming we actually made an approach and people weren't assuming we'd go for him as Evans likes to sign all his old players again.

It could be argued that he has never played "down south".

View attachment 50550

I think his parents live near Manchester so it could have been the case that Carlisle is closer to where his extended family is and wanting to be closer during covid. That is assuming we actually made an approach and people weren't assuming we'd go for him as Evans likes to sign all his old players again.
Well I’d regard Peterborough as a Southern based club, certainly compared to most, don’t forget Steve Evans still lives there and commutes to Gillingham several times a week during the season.

It’s certainly been proved that Evans like to sign his old players by our business so far this summer, he managed Bennett at Mansfield as well.

Well I’d regard Peterborough as a Southern based club, certainly compared to most, don’t forget Steve Evans still lives there and commutes to Gillingham several times a week during the season.

It’s certainly been proved that Evans like to sign his old players by our business so far this summer, he managed Bennett at Mansfield as well.
Peterborough is north of my home.i am south of Birmingham. But I am not sure Peterborough is it is fairly close to being north of Birmingham.

Peterborough is north of my home.i am south of Birmingham. But I am not sure Peterborough is it is fairly close to being north of Birmingham.
Yes it’s a bit further North than I realised, looks about level with Norwich on the map, but I would not regard Norwich as Northern, just Eastern.
About Level with Birmingham looking to the West.

Yes it’s a bit further North than I realised, looks about level with Norwich on the map, but I would not regard Norwich as Northern, just Eastern.
About Level with Birmingham looking to the West.
I suppose it depends where you live .From.Plymouth Peterborough would be a long way north east .From Gillingham somewhere like Shrewsbury might be considered further north than it is .

To be fair I've heard us sing "you dirty Northern bastards" away at Oxford, so Peterborough is way Oop North.

I'm off to watch Corby this afternoon, a town so Northern they all have Scottish accents.

I did say last year that we`d see him at Gillingham this season (but I won`t mention I added "in a Carlisle Utd" jersey !)
But, to your point, OSK and Lark mentioned him last year as a good prospect for GFC. Good call guys.

Most importantly, is Peterborough halfway up the A1 or halfway down the A1?

I always think of Peterborough as where the A1 proper starts (if joining from M11/A14) - old school twisty dual carriageway, none of your 4 lane A1(M) modern stuff

As its Cambridgeshire I am definitely in the "its down south" camp though.