The Cricket Thread | Page 138 | Vital Football

The Cricket Thread

Early thoughts, not totally sure what this brings to cricket that isn't already catered for in the T20's. This is basically T16.66 and a little bit of tinkering.

Bit tacky?!
I'm just hoping it's not going to be London centric.
I think anything that gets kids away from PlayStations and watching sport, can't be all bad.

Season tickets are sold out for Birmingham Pheonix, so it's already caught on .

yep to me it's a bit tacky but I'm not going to be going to it

Yes I guess if it gets the youngsters interested and brings more money into cricket then that is a good thing. Just don't really get how it is that much different to T20 really.

And the names are atrocious! lol

Anyway, probably just a bit of fun and goodness knows we all need some of that in these strange times.

As I said before I think the franchise system is really good. 8 teams with all the top players concentrated in them will be more of an attraction than being spread over 18 counties. People will obviously come to watch 7 or 8 top class players playing in one game than one or two.

Other than that it is a bit gimmicky , but the length of this format (2 and a bit hours) is also a big USP for them.

As I said before I think the franchise system is really good. 8 teams with all the top players concentrated in them will be more of an attraction than being spread over 18 counties. People will obviously come to watch 7 or 8 top class players playing in one game than one or two.

Other than that it is a bit gimmicky , but the length of this format (2 and a bit hours) is also a big USP for them.
They do need to tone down the information on the screen which I find distracting.
It might grow on me but at the moment not that fussed about watching it.

I think the main benefit could be for the Women's game. This is big exposure for them.

Watching, though, they are a long way behind on skill levels, and fitness levels are appalling. Hopefully the money from this will help more concentrate on cricket, and improve both.

I watched some of it and to be honest I wondered what I was watching. It definitely wasn't cricket as I know and love it. The Holte End aside some of my best sporting moments have been watching a test match at Edgbaston.

I watched some of it and to be honest I wondered what I was watching. It definitely wasn't cricket as I know and love it. The Holte End aside some of my best sporting moments have been watching a test match at Edgbaston.
The Hollies end on sunny Saturday afternoon in carnival mood singing their heads off. Brilliant.

The Oval Invincibles

The Trent Rockets

The Manchester Originals :lol::lol: There is zero original about Manchester.

What are 'we' the Birmingham Phoenix. We are well known in the legend of the phoenix in Birmingham I suppose, oh no, sorry, that was Greece wasn't it.

And the draft system.

The UK really is desperate to be the 51st state really isn't it?!

The Oval Invincibles

The Trent Rockets

The Manchester Originals :lol::lol: There is zero original about Manchester.

What are 'we' the Birmingham Phoenix. We are well known in the legend of the phoenix in Birmingham I suppose, oh no, sorry, that was Greece wasn't it.

And the draft system.

The UK really is desperate to be the 51st state really isn't it?!

Lol Yes.

I did quite enjoy the auction when it was done. I bet some of the players did as well for the money they went for.