Talal al hammad interview | Vital Football

Talal al hammad interview

Our goal is to invest in sports by restoring the status of the club, and the goal is not only financial but social so that you serve the youth sector by rehabilitating them and giving them the opportunity.

How will the club deal with the administrative vacuum that occurred before buying the club?
The administrative vacuum was dealt with by the acquisition stage, where we formed a board of directors with experience in English football and developed a work plan for the next five years, even before the acquisition process was completed.

Has the club's financial crisis been overcome?
Yes, I can assure you that the financial situation of the club is stable and we are working within a plan of action to rebuild.

Is there a time plan for the team's presence in the Premier League?
We hope to be in the Premier League in the next five years.

Will club legend Ali Al-Habsi be used in the club's future or Amr Zaki?
We have communicated with the legend Ali Al-Habsi and, God willing, in the near future there will be a joint cooperation between the club and the legend Ali Al-Habsi.

What is the goal in the next season?
The goal is clear and it is to compete for promotion, we have attracted several great players in this league and we want to compete next season.

Will the club buy players or build a team from the academy with the addition of options for each market that strengthens the current team?
When the season ended, we only had six players on contracts in the club, so we had to build a competitive team from the first day in the market.

The most prominent deal in the team this summer was Charlie Wake, Wigan's top scorer, and the player was signed on a free transfer deal. Will we see other deals of this size in this market?
When there is an opportunity to bring in players who will add to the team, of course, why not.

Is there an intention to bring an Arab player, if possible, to the team?
Yes, the intention is certainly present, and God willing, in the near future, we will see some Arab players representing Wigan, especially since they have proven their success in the past with the club.

How was the first impression of the club and its fans in the past period for you?
I think that the fans are completely satisfied with our strategy of rebuilding, and with regard to Wigan, it is a club established to be in the ranks of the big clubs, as the club's infrastructure is at the highest level, starting with the stadium and training centers, as well as the academy that brought us this season the Premier League Cup under 18 It is a year in which all the English Premier League academies are competing, so I think we have chosen the right club for investment.

Thanks ZAKKY for doing this,

We can't complain about not being informed what the owner has done
and what he has planned for the future.

This is music to my ears,
5 years by David Bowie is one of my favourite Bowie songs.

Thanks ZAKKY for doing this,

We can't complain about not being informed what the owner has done
and what he has planned for the future.

This is music to my ears,
5 years by David Bowie is one of my favourite Bowie songs.

Just hope we arent under pressure to get the results otherwise there'll be ch.. ch.. chan..changes.

Last edited:
It might all go tits up ....... it might all go to ratshit......... they might lose interest and dump us like an out of favour loan signing ......... but bugger me, if there's not already a handbook for "how to do the right things when taking over a football club", then Talal should write it.

:love1:

Great photos of Talal introducing himself to Wigan. What a man!

Hope he comes down to Ashton.....I'd certainly buy him a few pints in the Red Lion, Sir Thomas Gerrard etc !!:yes::wahey: