2021 Summer Transfer Thread | Page 97 | Vital Football

2021 Summer Transfer Thread

The way we seem to set up under CH, with 2x DCMs - that should give JC licence to exploit the pockets of space and create.

Good with a deadball too - unfortunately, his heart/tenacity & application have not been that apparent.

I said similar. You would hope that cafu yates and JC should at least get you lower mid table. JC starts to click and you think approaching play offs, get garner back and JC clicks it could get fun again.

I would love to see Carvalho again and see him do well.

But it's a bit of a pipe dream.

Regardless of how he does in matches, he'll train like shit and Cafu will end up being put in no. 10

Maybe not but if Hughton is going to be backed we need a decent striker sooner rather than later. Not only is he decent but he will be pretty well known to our CEO. If the price is right then who knows?

Daryl Dike doesn't appear to be attracting any bids (which isn't surprising when you consider the $20m price tag) so he might fancy a full season in the Championship. Orlando may also be keen to put him in the shop window again.

I would love to see Carvalho again and see him do well.

But it's a bit of a pipe dream.

Regardless of how he does in matches, he'll train like shit and Cafu will end up being put in no. 10
Maybe his loan in Spain did him some good and he's now knuckling down, he played fairly regularly there could be he's had the kick up the arse he needed.

Wow chap that is controversial! Will it be a swap deal and what would Boris give to our central midfield chap?
He'll take up the entire centre circle and insist we won whatever the score.

Send him out after to face the press and watch him work:

"So Boris, another heavy defeat. Is it time to worry?"

"Oh, er, well err, look here, err... I fully agree with you that now is, in fact a time, and that this time is not time to panic Mr Mainwaring. Er, as you know, we have already invested significantly in a reserve goalkeeper and we'll continue to do so, er, because I think that's the right way to go about it. The Derby manager doesn't believe in investing in his squad but forest do and that's what we'll continue to do, so, err, don't panic Mr Mainwaring, [Greek myth reference] and I'm jolly looking forward to seeing you all at the next game. But stay at home"

As well as Richardson able to play at LB, Jenkinson also played there for us last season and did OK. McKenna has also played LB in the past as has Colback. One of our strengths is we could probably play 5 CB with out any problem we are that well stocked. We could therefor revert to a back three and have wingbacks. Thus someone like Colback could play. Not ideal but something we could do for first six games before window shuts. Premiership level Players will become available as squads are announced and more become surplus to requirements in August. More we wait, better options appear.

Yes Richardson can play LB. Went on Tuesday night and have to say he didn't really impress me. Gabriel showed genuine promise on the right, but Richardson.... We definitely need a first choice LB.

Now is certainly the time for anyone to pounce.

At least Derby don't have to worry about upsetting their season ticket holders :rotfl::rotfl:
He is young and decent and the transfer would have the added bonus of pissing off the mutton molesters so definitely gets my vote…