Rumours that Swansea and Steve Cooper | Vital Football

Rumours that Swansea and Steve Cooper

Rod Currie

Vital Football Legend
Are about to part company by the weekend.The club and Cooper have apparently fallen out over plans for the recruitment of players for next season.UTB

If the previous incumbent, Cooper, couldn't deal with the board's decisions then surely CW's nailed on:p

BTW any ITK or other info as to why he seems to have disappeared from any football related speculation?

If the previous incumbent, Cooper, couldn't deal with the board's decisions then surely CW's nailed on:p

BTW any ITK or other info as to why he seems to have disappeared from any football related speculation?
Our Chris is only good enough for Sunday league football management now according to some of our fanbase,I hope he doesn't go anywhere near Swansea it could be terrible for us BLADES.UTB

Our Chris is only good enough for Sunday league football management now according to some of our fanbase,I hope he doesn't go anywhere near Swansea it could be terrible for us BLADES.UTB
Just a bit puzzled as to why he is never mentioned in the media these days Rod.

Hero to zero in a few months. Makes me wonder what's being said around the football world.

Depends who they get in his place. It could be bad news for us!
Maybe but chances are they will be playing catch up with the new man only having 3 weeks to assess the squad and implement his style, Christ some of our lot were moaning cos Slav didn’t turn up for a shift till start of July

The odds on favourite for the job is John Eustace, who is currently assistant manager at QPR. His only experience as a manager was two years with Kidderminster in the National League North a few years ago. The second favourite is Cameron Toshack (son of John) who used to be an U23 coach at Swansea and has recently been coaching in Cyprus. He's never been a manager before. It's becoming pretty obvious why Cooper had had enough of the board, as they've clearly run out of either money or ambition, possibly both.

The odds on favourite for the job is John Eustace, who is currently assistant manager at QPR. His only experience as a manager was two years with Kidderminster in the National League North a few years ago. The second favourite is Cameron Toshack (son of John) who used to be an U23 coach at Swansea and has recently been coaching in Cyprus. He's never been a manager before. It's becoming pretty obvious why Cooper had had enough of the board, as they've clearly run out of either money or ambition, possibly both.
Cooper must have thought he was on a hiding to nothing so told em to do one.UTB

I am surpised Palace did not go for Cooper. I can see it ending in tears with Vieira and them wishing they had Woy back.

I am surpised Palace did not go for Cooper. I can see it ending in tears with Vieira and them wishing they had Woy back.
Gr8 players don't always make gr8 Managers BFL as us BLADES know(Bryan Robson) only too well.I see Phil Neville's lost 6 on the bounce for Beckham's Miami club across the pond(Not saying he was a gr8 player tho).UTB

Not had that confimed but may have missed it. If so it makes sense.

If not then he needs to put himself about more. He'll be commentating on Sky soon!!

On a 6 month sabbatical as his wages are still being paid by the Club I suspect, this being his severance. if the legal team at SUFC have got the terms right CW will forfeit any remaining severance if he gets new employment before the end of the 6 month term. Apart from his tainted record in dealing with Club owners I suspect having to cover this cost has put some potential new employers off.

The Prince mentioned he had a £15 mill compensation clause in CW's contract so they will want to ensure he doesn't walk straight into another job without some benefit to SUFC.

Its also rumoured Alan Knill is still on the payroll with the express intention of getting some compensation should CW get a new job within the 6 months and ask for AK to be part of his team. All speculation but as there is radio silence on this from the Club the theories will continue to grow.

I never expected to see Chris Wilder in a new job until he had received his full severance. If the lawyers have done their job right there will still be some confidentiality clauses operating after this date.