Pre Season Friendlies 2021 | Page 7 | Vital Football

Pre Season Friendlies 2021

Not seen any footage, but I'm assuming we were a better side with Humphrys and Lang on the pitch together?

Got to say, I really enjoyed last night's game. Not just the football, but the mixing with others (not too close, obviously) and the people watching opportunities it provides.

As for the team, well, as I didn't know half of them, it's difficult to pass too much judgement, but certainly none of them looked out of place.

Post some "revision" of the who was who amongst the new lads, Corey Blackett-Taylor looked to have a turn of pace on him, Wyke's a heck of a unit, Whatmough looked composed, Naylor pinged a few nice balls about, Edwards had a bit of finesse about him, Humphrys (what a goal) looked keen to be always threatening the goal and though Cousins made a few mistakes, he looked up for the fight.

All the retained players looked solid, and special mention to who I thought were two of the best players on the park ....... Perkins and Obi. Obi seems to have put some weight on since leaving us, and is turning into a right brick shithouse. (Thanks EFL). As for Perks, he just ran the show for them., Always in the right place for knockdowns, and always available to receive the ball. Didn't come close to scoring though.

It was just great to be back at a game again ........... and to quote (well, paraphrase) the bunch of young lads stood just a bit further along from me .....(serenading young ladies, irrespective of their looks, figures, or age), . ....(Wigan Athletic), "You're Gorgeous"

Number 24 pugh from Bournemouth looked solid in defence
But at age of 34 time is against him

There's a lot of work going on behind the scenes. Gav has had new wheels filled on his portable stretcher and can make it to the bog unattended. On a sour note, in his haste to snatch their hand off with the clubs contract offer he injured his right wrist and is out for the season:wheelchair:

How can GM not be fit to play, has he had a leg amputated that we were not told about?
Or maybe has he been secretly moved on, and the club have kept quiet so not to upset us all.

Got to say, I really enjoyed last night's game. Not just the football, but the mixing with others (not too close, obviously) and the people watching opportunities it provides.

As for the team, well, as I didn't know half of them, it's difficult to pass too much judgement, but certainly none of them looked out of place.

Post some "revision" of the who was who amongst the new lads, Corey Blackett-Taylor looked to have a turn of pace on him, Wyke's a heck of a unit, Whatmough looked composed, Naylor pinged a few nice balls about, Edwards had a bit of finesse about him, Humphrys (what a goal) looked keen to be always threatening the goal and though Cousins made a few mistakes, he looked up for the fight.

All the retained players looked solid, and special mention to who I thought were two of the best players on the park ....... Perkins and Obi. Obi seems to have put some weight on since leaving us, and is turning into a right brick shithouse. (Thanks EFL). As for Perks, he just ran the show for them., Always in the right place for knockdowns, and always available to receive the ball. Didn't come close to scoring though.

It was just great to be back at a game again ........... and to quote (well, paraphrase) the bunch of young lads stood just a bit further along from me .....(serenading young ladies, irrespective of their looks, figures, or age), . ....(Wigan Athletic), "You're Gorgeous"

Is there any reason we couldent bring Obi back now

Is there any reason we couldent bring Obi back now

We released him as he was really struggling last season in L1. Maybe he'll come good and it will down the line turn out to be a mistake to let him go - but when he was here no one was calling for him to be in the side.

So i think it's best to judge him on what we saw last season in a Latics shirt rather than what he's done in a friendly against us when no one is fully fit yet and we are a brand new side still trying to gel.

How can GM not be fit to play, has he had a leg amputated that we were not told about?
Or maybe has he been secretly moved on, and the club have kept quiet so not to upset us all.

Richardson said they are carefully managing him to make sure when he comes back he'll not break down again. I assume he's getting the Nick Powell treatment where he has a personal training and recovery regime to manage his ongoing injury issues.

A fully fit and on form Massey will be an asset, he's under contract and isn't going anywhere so we are probably just going to try and do whatever we can to try and get something out of him at this stage.

We released him as he was really struggling last season in L1. Maybe he'll come good and it will down the line turn out to be a mistake to let him go - but when he was here no one was calling for him to be in the side.

So i think it's best to judge him on what we saw last season in a Latics shirt rather than what he's done in a friendly against us when no one is fully fit yet and we are a brand new side still trying to gel.

I think he was one of the lads sacrificed to save us, maybe not ready for first team now but ideal for u23s

I think he was one of the lads sacrificed to save us, maybe not ready for first team now but ideal for u23s

He was sacrificed for sure, but his contract was due up at the end of the season anyway and i don't think he'd have got a new one.

I say that because he only signed a contract with Fylde in mid May and we were taken over at the end of March so we had plenty of opportunity to resign him if we didn't want to lose him in the first place.

Maybe he'll come good in the long run, but he's gone to the 6th tier, he probably would've found another L1 club or a L2 club if he'd shown sufficient promise.

Trouble is if Massey and Keane. miss preseason. They are playing catch up. Not ideal. Was always a big risk. With Keane. With his record.
I agree it's not ideal but at least their role is providing depth instead of starting as they did in the past. As things stand Massey will barely get game time even fully healed.