2021 Summer Transfer Thread | Page 91 | Vital Football

2021 Summer Transfer Thread

We have struggled to score goals the last number of seasons and I see this season as being no different if not worse unless we see big changes over the next month

I think it shows a sensible person.

Loan to buy internationally is a shit way of doing business for a player.

We are expecting a young man to uproot from everything he knows to come to a shit city in England, a language he might not know, etc.

All on his current wages, so not even a pay rise.

And at the end of a year we might be saying "thanks, we don't want you".

It's a sensible thing for all doing it domestically but internationally in these kinds of circumstances it seems an abusive system for the player.
I can see the logic but not 100% sure I agree with it.

It’s not like he is only earning a pittance and the loan also gives him an option to decide whether England is for him. More specifically he gets to decide if Forest is for him.

If he has a good season he can turn us down and potentially move to a different club in England. Or he can decide that England isn’t for him and go elsewhere.

I can see plus points for all concerned and certainly wouldn’t describe it as ‘abusive’.

We are expecting a young man to uproot from everything he knows to come to a shit city in England, a language he might not know, etc.

It's a sensible thing for all doing it domestically but internationally in these kinds of circumstances it seems an abusive system for the player.

I would be inclined to agree.

Would I move to another Country on the off chance of a full time contract after a year; not fucking likely.

He's looking better than Mbe Soh from what I've seen.

To be fair to Soh, we forget that "youngsters" like Fernandes are actually older than he is ! With Worrall , McKenna, Soh and Fig, ideally we need someone who can play at RB or LB rather than another CH . (Unless we sell someone).

Alan Nixon
@reluctantnicko

·
50s

Blackpool. Offer now in for Jordan Gabriel at Nottingham Forest. Good loan spell. Signing for the future. Forest may need a right back in first before he goes … others keen too.

Neil Critchley at Blackpool is no mean judge of a full back; look at the ones he developed at Liverpool.

Gabriel has the potential to be better than Cash; he needs to improve defensively, but that will come with games.

That long loping stride he has brought back memories of Viv Anderson; if he turns out to be half as good has him he will do fine.

I get what you are saying, but I think the point is many of us see that move as an opportunity, because we hold the club in such high esteeem. So you take good opportunities, even if they dont have guarantees, thats what life is about for many.

Id say its a kick in the teeth if weve really watched him for a year or two and made a solid bid as tho he was our actual target.

It doesn't matter anyway- Post is reporting we made an actual cash bid and he rejected the permanent move.

So he doesn't want to come here. We move on