Coronavirus | Page 728 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

These figures are expected to be fair. Between 100 000 and 200 000 positives a day I have seen stated, including on the slides in the briefings.

And a few thousand into hospital is anticipated.

And 100-200 deaths a day could well be coming, from the mapping they have done.

I really dont know what is an acceptable lever of Covid in the public domaine before we go back into a full lock down.

Not really most people are now vaccinated but the majority of those in hospitals are not vaccinated.

people don't seem to grasp vaccines help prevent serious illness, just like the Measles and whooping cough vaccines we all had, They don't all stop you from getting it but they sure as hell help you survive it.
Measles cases are on the rise because of Anti Vaxxers
40% of hospital admissions are vaccinated people

These figures are expected to be fair. Between 100 000 and 200 000 positives a day I have seen stated, including on the slides in the briefings.

And a few thousand into hospital is anticipated.

And 100-200 deaths a day could well be coming, from the mapping they have done.
its almost 100 today unless thats a rare spike ? i suspect if we get to 150,000 a day deaths will be well above 200 per day

The 40% might not be double dosed though or not have had time for the 2nd dose to fully kick in and we don't know how many have underlying either.

40% of hospital admissions are vaccinated people
The 40% might not be double dosed though or not have had time for the 2nd dose to fully kick in and we don't know how many have underlying either.

What's stark about that though Silhill is per Fear's chart 88% have been double dosed, 68.8% are single dosed.

So 60% is the remaining 12% of the population and as a proportion that is enormous.

The question for me becomes how many of the 88% double-dosed people are included in the 40%. Then drill down deeper into the numbers, what are the ages and conditions of those people. Then we can look into who is surviving.

My gut tells me that data for the 40% isn't being released because more healthy pricks won't get the vaccine. The only data they might share, and only if it is favourable is the double dosing.

A lot of people either don't give a fuck about people who are older and people with conditions or simply can't comprehend it. I have a friend at home with cystic fibrosis, I believe she can take the vaccine but life is still dangerous for her. Many people are willingly putting her at greater and unnecessary risk.

We're missing a lot of context but sharing it is a double-edged sword.

I popped into Sainsbury's earlier. I wore a mask because I don't want to be the one causing vulnerable people anxiety. Plus hides my ID.
I would say the split was 50/50 wearing masks.... So shops are not enforcing or even stopping people from what I saw.
On my ID front.... Came out of Sainsbury's... Took mask off.... Bumped into two ex work colleagues... Was too late to hide. Jesus.

Yup, I'm still wearing my mask when I go the local shop, not seen many other people obviously but I'd say two out of ten so far weren't wearing one, so I stayed outside until they came out lol

I popped into Sainsbury's earlier. I wore a mask because I don't want to be the one causing vulnerable people anxiety. Plus hides my ID.
I would say the split was 50/50 wearing masks.... So shops are not enforcing or even stopping people from what I saw.
On my ID front.... Came out of Sainsbury's... Took mask off.... Bumped into two ex work colleagues... Was too late to hide. Jesus.

He would of found you anyway. Our lord is everywhere and surrounds us. He is always with us.

getting interesting at work, we are being corralled back into the packed open plan office in September where we sit like battery hens in a close and muggy environment, probably 200 - 300 on our floor. Girl in team has expressed a concern around coming in then seeing her husband who has 1 lung. This will get interesting how HR / Management play this one

My company have been really good from day 1 with covid, even kicking us out of the office before the government recommended it.

We haven’t been allowed in the office except for essential work, and we’re only opening up next week. We’ll be back in cohorts as they like to call it, which even then is completely optional.

I’m looking forward to getting back in as I’ve missed the office banter (no offence to you lot)

My company have been really good from day 1 with covid, even kicking us out of the office before the government recommended it.

We haven’t been allowed in the office except for essential work, and we’re only opening up next week. We’ll be back in cohorts as they like to call it, which even then is completely optional.

I’m looking forward to getting back in as I’ve missed the office banter (no offence to you lot)
i'm in no rush to go back. i generally dislike close contact or face to face interaction with other humans apart from certain exceptions

This is interesting. Rand Paul, a 1990s version of Marjorie Taylor Green, got stuck into Fauci for funding gain-of-function research into coronaviruses in Wuhan. Fauci denied that it was classified as gain-of-function research.

The Guardian is applauding it as Fauci fighting back against the kooks but it looks to me like he was obscuring the charge on a technical classification.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jul/20/anthony-fauci-rand-paul-coronavirus-research

Things are about to turn ugly in France

French Covid pass proves divisive
Lucy Williamson
BBC News, Paris
"Health dictatorship" is what protesters here are calling it.
If the government has its way, in a few short weeks, you won't be able to sit down for a coffee at a Paris café - or board a train - without proof that you're Covid-free, vaccinated or immune.
This so-called Health Pass is the government's answer to infection rates that are rising faster than France has ever seen in this pandemic.
Already, from today, there'll be no routine access to cinemas, theatres, museums - no trips to Disneyland Paris - without it.
But it's the plan to extend that restriction to everyday public places - cafes, shopping centres and public transport - that's causing the biggest backlash.
Some MPs have reported receiving death threats ahead of the debate today.
And some protesters sparked fury last week by comparing these government restrictions to the singling out of Jews during France's war-time Nazi occupation.
A majority of French people appear to support the plan, with many believing it's the only way to avoid yet another lockdown.