Tour de France | Page 3 | Vital Football

Tour de France

WVA get him tested

They are the most tested of any sportspeople.
The problem always is of course, have the doctors found another cunning scheme?
They have the blood passport, they can detect stimulants, steroids and the game changer that was EPO. They can detect blood doping except your own - and even then, suspicions aroused will lead to further investigation and sooner or later……………………….
Even dear old Lance got done eventually. Why would any talented rider (and WVA is extremely talented) risk it?
I’d rather sleep peacefully in my bed at night.

However, I do have a theory that somewhere on a remote hillside in Slovenia, there grows a mysterious shrub which is found nowhere else in the world. :cool:

They are the most tested of any sportspeople.
The problem always is of course, have the doctors found another cunning scheme?
They have the blood passport, they can detect stimulants, steroids and the game changer that was EPO. They can detect blood doping except your own - and even then, suspicions aroused will lead to further investigation and sooner or later……………………….
Even dear old Lance got done eventually. Why would any talented rider (and WVA is extremely talented) risk it?
I’d rather sleep peacefully in my bed at night.

However, I do have a theory that somewhere on a remote hillside in Slovenia, there grows a mysterious shrub which is found nowhere else in the world. :cool:

comment was was made in jest Biggles and I agree WVA is a talented rider BUT even in 2021 and all that has gone before I don’t think cycling is 100% clean.

comment was was made in jest Biggles and I agree WVA is a talented rider BUT even in 2021 and all that has gone before I don’t think cycling is 100% clean.

I was aware ‘twas in jest Gertie, but like you, though it is much, much better than it was, I’m sure various chemists/doctors are still working on it and (who knows) possibly succeeding.

Egan Bernal is absolutely fucked.

Awful crash and an incredible list of injuries.

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/...iple-fractures-confirmed-as-he-remains-in-icu

"Egan suffered a fractured vertebrae, a fractured right femur, a fractured right patella, chest trauma, a punctured lung and several fractured ribs in the crash."

You just don't come back from that.

It's absolutely horrible to see injuries striking down young athletes in and before their prime. It's happened to too many footballers recently too.

Egan Bernal is absolutely fucked.

Awful crash and an incredible list of injuries.

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/...iple-fractures-confirmed-as-he-remains-in-icu

"Egan suffered a fractured vertebrae, a fractured right femur, a fractured right patella, chest trauma, a punctured lung and several fractured ribs in the crash."

You just don't come back from that.

It's absolutely horrible to see injuries striking down young athletes in and before their prime. It's happened to too many footballers recently too.

And yet we are told that cycling (and most other sports) are very good for you!

Which of course, they are, as long as you can avoid being run over by a bus, falling off a mountain, regularly suffering concussion, drowning, being buried by an avalanche, getting sat on by a horse, being struck by a fast moving cricket ball, mugged, ravished or otherwise attacked while jogging, etc., etc. The list is endless.

Much safer to stay at home, watch tv., eat meat pies and crisps, drink lots of beer and moan about the inadequacies of the NHS.

Actually, for the last 4 months I have been told (by the doctors) that for the time being, I should not cycle. Can’t wait until they tell me it’s o.k. again. Don’t half miss it! :cry: