Coronavirus | Page 722 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

U-turn as Boris Johnson and Rishi Sunak to self-isolate after criticism
"U-turn came hours after No 10 said PM and chancellor would avoid isolation by joining pilot testing scheme"

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ill-not-isolate-after-being-pinged-says-no-10

It also highlights how poor Johnson's judgment is and in such a time of crisis for the country, it's very unfortunate that the Uk has the worst possible person in charge as Prime Minster to sort it out.

Last edited:
Not sure if it's just me but all the anti lockdown anti Vaxxers seem to have disappeared from this site, I was wondering if they frequent alternative places where they share the same visions?
I remember a few who were dead against lockdowns and waiting for a vaccine.

I probably banned them :lol:

Don't remember many to be honest?

Had a feeling that if he got pinged Johnson would try and find a way to avoid isolation. It is in his character to think he can abide by a different set of rules to us normal people

Just shows the nerve of the man that he actually tried to do it, did he not think there would be outrage ? He really is a despicable person.

157 minutes to U-turn though , must be a record.

Had a feeling that if he got pinged Johnson would try and find a way to avoid isolation. It is in his character to think he can abide by a different set of rules to us normal people

Just shows the nerve of the man that he actually tried to do it, did he not think there would be outrage ? He really is a despicable person.

157 minutes to U-turn though , must be a record.

I struggle with the lack of thought. Surely any half decent leader would get in a room (or a call) with his cabinet and chief strategist and say: there are two options, we isolate or we don’t isolate. If we don’t isolate this and that happens, if we isolate we can’t do this but we get this back.

It’s like they just don’t go through basic scenario panning and basic communication alignment, especially after Jenrick was on tele this morning according to my in law defending the decision to not self isolate - it makes them look like bellends.

I struggle with the lack of thought. Surely any half decent leader would get in a room (or a call) with his cabinet and chief strategist and say: there are two options, we isolate or we don’t isolate. If we don’t isolate this and that happens, if we isolate we can’t do this but we get this back.

It’s like they just don’t go through basic scenario panning and basic communication alignment, especially after Jenrick was on tele this morning according to my in law defending the decision to not self isolate - it makes them look like bellends.

Yup. To me it just highlights the quality -or lack of it- of the people in charge and the advisers etc.

Don't trust ANYONE. Because that person also trusts someone.... And they trust someone.... And they trust someone.... And they trust someone etc etc