England team with 4 Pool players in it. | Vital Football

England team with 4 Pool players in it.

Bear1951

Vital Football Legend
England mens T20 had four Lanky players in it today.

Whitey ,Prem and others will recall when England's football team featured 4 Blackpool players. When was it and who were they?

Of the XI in the 1953 cup final, I think only two players were not internationals: Ewan Fenton and Cyril Robinson. All the others either had caps for England or Scotland

The headlines at the time of that infamous 3-6 defeat to Hungary read; 'Its almost Blackpool v Hungary'.....

The same four never played in the same English team again to my knowledge.

England mens T20 had four Lanky players in it today.

Whitey ,Prem and others will recall when England's football team featured 4 Blackpool players. When was it and who were they?
Halcyon days. The good news is I am sure that young Seasiders supporters may well have something similar to look forward to now the club is owned by ‘one of our own’. The future is most definitely tangerine. 🍊

True Bear. It was his last cap along with Johnston and Ernie Taylor too (his first and only one!).

Without those 3 outstanding Pool players England visited Budapest to put the record straight. We lost 7-1. Nuff said?

As a footnote it was Alfred Ramsey's last cap too but he learnt from the Hungarians to good effect.

I remember,Waiters,Charnley and sir Jim all playing together.Ray's only cap :cool::thumbup:

Versus France. Alan Hinton as a young winger got his only cap that night too. I remember the newspaper headline when the team was announced THE CARTHORSE AND THE KID.