Match Thread: Boston United v Lincoln City | Page 9 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Boston United v Lincoln City

No panic here and still OK that I paid a fiver but I thought at some stage I might have seen the Imps play some football - deluded I suppose?

Why do I get the feeling that this was a fixture Lincoln didn't actually feel able to fulfil, but did not want to let Boston down on a relatively big day for them?

In reality, six of next season's first team played 45 minutes each in this game.

Therefore, one question for the usual knee-jerk suspects: do you really think that three trialists who were knowingly making up the numbers, Sam Long, Freddie Draper, Mekhi Angol, Kyrell Wheatley, Max Melbourne, Max Sanders and Remy Longdon will be even remotely close to our matchday squad/starting eleven in three weeks' time?
Not all of them but I expect them to be good enough not to get hammered by a team. 3 divisions below us when they are supported by the likes of Edun, Fiorini, Jackson, Bridcutt and McGrandles. Why do you assume Sanders will be a long way off our starting 11?

Didn't we beat Villa in pre season in the season we were relegated from the Football League.
I don't take anything from pre season but someone in this thread said that Boston looked ahead of us in preparation for the up coming season which can't be right.
A NLN part time team cannot be infront of a top end League 1 side in terms of preparation for next season.
This may not be true ,I don't know, and there will undoubtedly a whole host of things going on behind the scenes we are not privy to but we need to start making things happen pdq.

I think the Villa friendly was in 2008,under Jackson

Cas robbed. Nothing new. RFL officials about as straight as a roundabout when it comes to Cas.

A clear high tackle wasn't punished in the first half, and what appeared to be a knock-on leading to them scoring.

Expected, when playing Saints.

Not all of them but I expect them to be good enough not to get hammered by a team. 3 divisions below us when they are supported by the likes of Edun, Fiorini, Jackson, Bridcutt and McGrandles. Why do you assume Sanders will be a long way off our starting 11?
Sanders appears to be the only one of his 3 permanent January signings to have any footballing ability. I assume his lack of game time was down to injury or lack of fitness. Given a decent break I would expect him to start in the first game of the season.

Sanders appears to be the only one of his 3 permanent January signings to have any footballing ability. I assume his lack of game time was down to injury or lack of fitness. Given a decent break I would expect him to start in the first game of the season.

I like Poole is the best of them from what i saw

none of them (Poole, bramhall or sanders) are good enough if we have aspirations of top 6 again this season - not a knee jerk opinion based off today, its clear as day. maybe harsh on Sanders but he needs to at least start getting into the team on a regular basis first 10 games.

none of them (Poole, bramhall or sanders) are good enough if we have aspirations of top 6 again this season - not a knee jerk opinion based off today, its clear as day. maybe harsh on Sanders but he needs to at least start getting into the team on a regular basis first 10 games.
If the starting line up includes Bramall and Poole, we are in for a serious relegation battle.