Pre Season Friendlies 2021 | Page 3 | Vital Football

Pre Season Friendlies 2021

Am surprised that we're still the only club who have been in admin since Covid (even if ours has never made sense). Did think a few clubs could enter admin and one or 2 could even go. Always said that admin/clubs going under is sad to see and doesn't reflect well on the game we all love

Am surprised that we're still the only club who have been in admin since Covid (even if ours has never made sense). Did think a few clubs could enter admin and one or 2 could even go. Always said that admin/clubs going under is sad to see and doesn't reflect well on the game we all love
The EFL have propped up with loans through last year (though we weren't allowed any !) and I believe some government grants were available.
Unless they write them off many clubs will be in serious trouble when they have to pay back

Sorry if it's already been posted.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/15133532/english-football-league-money-troubles/

It looks like Begbies Traynor could be very busy this Season?

Almost half of the English Football League clubs face
money troubles due to Covid.

Begbies Traynor says they are still afloat thanks to the Treasury’s Covid support measures such as loans and rates relief.

But they have a “wall of debt” to pay,
its annual Football Distress Survey reveals, when the help dries up.

Partner Gerald Krasner, said Premier League cash had supplemented the government money to “ease the pain” of EFL clubs during 2020.

He said the assistance had given “much-needed extra time” to teams in the Championship, League One and League Two.

But he added: “The escalating symptoms of early financial distress are a very real signal that, for many clubs, the full financial effects of Covid are yet to be fully felt.”

Sorry if it's already been posted.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/15133532/english-football-league-money-troubles/

It looks like Begbies Traynor could be very busy this Season?

Almost half of the English Football League clubs face
money troubles due to Covid.

Begbies Traynor says they are still afloat thanks to the Treasury’s Covid support measures such as loans and rates relief.

But they have a “wall of debt” to pay,
its annual Football Distress Survey reveals, when the help dries up.

Partner Gerald Krasner, said Premier League cash had supplemented the government money to “ease the pain” of EFL clubs during 2020.

He said the assistance had given “much-needed extra time” to teams in the Championship, League One and League Two.

But he added: “The escalating symptoms of early financial distress are a very real signal that, for many clubs, the full financial effects of Covid are yet to be fully felt.”
He said we were his last job?
Can't trust an administrator?

Should be an interesting game today. Being a friendly (and a roasting hot day), I can't see the lads going all out, since they would be risking injury; despite that, with the players we now have and with absolutely no disrespect to Oldham, we should be absolutely walking it. With that said, it's a completely new squad, and they're literally playing their first real game together, so they won't be 'gelled' as a team by any stretch. It really could go either way. I won't be reading too much into it since it's a friendly, but it would be good for the team's confidence and mindset to get a win.

What will be interesting to see the shape and who plays where. Whilst I'm still expecting to see another 5-6 signings before the season starts, it's be a good indication of how Leam is planning to set up. I'm also looking forward to seeing if there are any trialists or any of the younsters and what role they play.

May only be a behind closed doors friendly, but I'm absolutely stoked... really can't wait to see the new look Latics for the first time!

Last edited:
Has anyone managed to log on for the match? Went on Oldham site and registered an account but no information on how to get the game. Help

Has anyone managed to log on for the match? Went on Oldham site and registered an account but no information on how to get the game. Help
It's on their official Facebook page Taff,

Clicked on the f got page with pre season pic Latics v Wigan. Will it come on automatic when game starts or do I need to do something else’s