Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news | Page 74 | Vital Football

Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news

Looking at our centre back options one of the best frees Nathan Baker has re-signed for Bristol City. So Tom Lees from Sheff Wed is by far the best free centre back available now - I don't think they'd have released him if it wasn't for all their financial troubles.

Another decent option on a free could be Conor Ogilvie who is free after rejecting a new deal at Gillingham where he was primarily used as a left back but also could play centre back. He is also left sided which is what we ideally need.

Looking a little outside the box Christian Burgess who was a big player for Cook and Richards at Pompey is currently in Belgium. It wouldn't shock me if Richardson kept an eye on him. He's under contract but he is playing for a relatively small club so not sure if fee would be big if there was any interest.

Another option could be Kipre on loan, as he's well down the pecking order at West Brom. They already loaned him out once in January so it's entirely possible they may be looking to move him out again.

Looking at our centre back options one of the best frees Nathan Baker has re-signed for Bristol City. So Tom Lees from Sheff Wed is by far the best free centre back available now - I don't think they'd have released him if it wasn't for all their financial troubles.

Another decent option on a free could be Conor Ogilvie who is free after rejecting a new deal at Gillingham where he was primarily used as a left back but also could play centre back. He is also left sided which is what we ideally need.

Looking a little outside the box Christian Burgess who was a big player for Cook and Richards at Pompey is currently in Belgium. It wouldn't shock me if Richardson kept an eye on him. He's under contract but he is playing for a relatively small club so not sure if fee would be big if there was any interest.

Another option could be Kipre on loan, as he's well down the pecking order at West Brom. They already loaned him out once in January so it's entirely possible they may be looking to move him out again.

I still think Kerr will move on later in the window.
Maybe we've agreed something with him and St Johnstone. As the trail seems to have gone cold.

I still think Kerr will move on later in the window.
Maybe we've agreed something with him and St Johnstone. As the trail seems to have gone cold.
Last i heard even though just third hand ipswich are interested

Kendrick getting stick on twitter,he has tweeted this week about 4 players taken on trial,Trouble is they are all on trial with Doncaster!! Absolutely nothing about latics!!The rag is a joke!!

Kendrick getting stick on twitter,he has tweeted this week about 4 players taken on trial,Trouble is they are all on trial with Doncaster!! Absolutely nothing about latics!!The rag is a joke!!

He also tweeted "Sometimes clubs are happy to disclose names, sometimes they prefer to keep it quiet...obviously players can be recognised when they play...will see if Leam wants to discuss them after. "

Seems fair enough to me.

He also tweeted "Sometimes clubs are happy to disclose names, sometimes they prefer to keep it quiet...obviously players can be recognised when they play...will see if Leam wants to discuss them after. "

Seems fair enough to me.
On the basis that the 3 today don't have clubs shouldn't be a problem then 😉😁
Or alternatively Kendrick could do his job and name them 😉

Seems fair enough to me.
So a newspaper cannot reveal anything without permission?Hell of a lot of stories and scandals would have been missed if that was the case!The readers pay his wages not the club!

So a newspaper cannot reveal anything without permission?Hell of a lot of stories and scandals would have been missed if that was the case!The readers pay his wages not the club!

And yet,, he would presumably want further information from the club about other stuff (even after releasing names of trialists, against the will of the club.

Cut the bloke some slack. He's a local reporter, on a regional paper, and he has on interest to maintain good relations with the club.

He's not an investigative reporter !

If the trialists are/were any good, and we sign them, we'll know their names. If they aren't/weren't any good, and they're not signed, then does it matter that we'll never know who they were?

I’ve just cancelled my subscription to the Rugby post (Wigan evening post)……there’s hardly anything in about Latics……last night there was one measly little column whilst pages and pages about the Rugby……I’ve had enough.
Its very good to wipe your arse on

And yet,, he would presumably want further information from the club about other stuff (even after releasing names of trialists, against the will of the club.

Cut the bloke some slack. He's a local reporter, on a regional paper, and he has on interest to maintain good relations with the club.

If the trialists are/were any good, and we sign them, we'll know their names. If they aren't/weren't any good, and they're not signed, then does it matter that we'll never know who they were?

In my opinion Kendrick is the poorest Jerno Latics fans have ever had when it comes to covering what goes on at the club.

Last edited:

Sorry Moonay can't agree on this,he has never broke a story on anything happening at latics,!The only person who broke stories was Nixon and now he is boycotting Twitter no news is coming out about the club which goes to show how much Kendrick copied everything he wrote!He didn't even know we'd gone to Scotland until Kilsyth tweeted about it!As others have said he is the worst correspondent we've ever had

Sorry Moonay can't agree on this,he has never broke a story on anything happening at latics,!The only person who broke stories was Nixon and now he is boycotting Twitter no news is coming out about the club which goes to show how much Kendrick copied everything he wrote!He didn't even know we'd gone to Scotland until Kilsyth tweeted about it!As others have said he is the worst correspondent we've ever had
The Gareth Southgate of journos- take no risks - ever

On the trialists in the post match
Leam "we'll keep our cards close to our chest"
Journo - nothing, nada, nowt 🙈
He should have said- heard you screaming their names all game so how did we agree to take x x and x on trial and when will a decision on them be made ?