Transfer Targets 2021/22 Season | Page 16 | Vital Football

Transfer Targets 2021/22 Season

So rumours are clubs will not pay the fees we want for Berge, Ramsdale and Baldock. Great news time to see what the Prince is made off. We still need to replace JOC and get 2 better quality midfield players or will the Prince stick ?.

Call me a smelly negative defeatist selly cheapskate Blade but we really ought to be careful about pricing clubs out for Berge and Ramsdale.

Call me a smelly negative defeatist selly cheapskate Blade but we really ought to be careful about pricing clubs out for Berge and Ramsdale.
In hindsight I would not sell Ramsdale for any lower figure. However if someone offered £25 million for Berge we might be forced to accept it. If we don’t then Slav is looking at bargain basement signings and we are back to square one. The young players coming through may be our saving grace and a huge differentiator this coming season.

In hindsight I would not sell Ramsdale for any lower figure. However if someone offered £25 million for Berge we might be forced to accept it. If we don’t then Slav is looking at bargain basement signings and we are back to square one. The young players coming through may be our saving grace and a huge differentiator this coming season.
NO WERE not ,slav as given bettis his list and united are going for them,if they were bargain basement slav would not have signed, in a way ya questioning the integrity of slave saying all we,ll be going for is bargain basement. the man would have not signed his contract or taken up the offer.

So rumours are clubs will not pay the fees we want for Berge, Ramsdale and Baldock.

ONA.jpg

If it's true that Liverpool are interested in Berge, then I noticed that they had several fringe players up for sale which we could try and get in part exchange. Swap him for Marko Grujic, Harry Wilson and Sheyi Ojo, plus Ben Davies on loan. Based on rumoured fees, that adds up to around £30m. Maybe add some sell-on clauses to all the permanent deals. Add some cover for Egan and Bash, maybe from overseas, and who doesn't think we'd have the best squad in the Championship? Easy this football management lark...

All we have had so far is media is media speculation that relegated sides normally sell some of their better assets as yet a far as we can see no concrete offers have been made. I'm sure clubs have looked but personally I think clubs can find similar players abroad for less money, that's provided we believe the values we are asking for them.
That's great asking for top money as I'm sure other clubs will when we knock at their door for a player. Hopefully our recruitment isn't dependent on achieving these values and we can get our deals done and dusted as early as possible.

View attachment 50396

If it's true that Liverpool are interested in Berge, then I noticed that they had several fringe players up for sale which we could try and get in part exchange. Swap him for Marko Grujic, Harry Wilson and Sheyi Ojo, plus Ben Davies on loan. Based on rumoured fees, that adds up to around £30m. Maybe add some sell-on clauses to all the permanent deals. Add some cover for Egan and Bash, maybe from overseas, and who doesn't think we'd have the best squad in the Championship? Easy this football management lark...

I'd love Grujic but they value him at £25 mill and he looks to be heading to Porto. Celtic are after Davies, £60k a week wages.

We may have to go for loans as part of any sale. Ojo previously played for Slav at Fulham, Wilson had a good spell at Derby but has flattered to deceive since. Nat Phillips at centre back if he signs a new contract would be a good acquisition although he will currently cost £15 mill for a permanent sale.

Bearing in mind Liverpool got £18 mill for Ibe, £18 mill for Solanke and screwed us for £23 mill for Brewster, all three not pulled up an trees, you can understand any clubs reticence in doing business with the Pool when it comes to their youngsters.

I'd love Grujic but they value him at £25 mill and he looks to be heading to Porto.

I haven't seen that rumour. I saw one today that said a minor Italian club were interested, with his value listed at £13m. Wilson is said to be worth around £10m and I recon Ojo would be around £7-8m, although I haven't seen anything about his value in the papers yet.

Celtic are after Davies, £60k a week wages.

The wages are why we'd need to get him on loan, with Liverpool supplementing them (they'd have to do the same if he went to Celtic as well.) If he came to us he wouldn't need to move house (especially to Glasgow...) and the Champions League won't be much of a draw either, as Celtic will be out before Davies' suntan fades.

Wilson had a good spell at Derby but has flattered to deceive since.

Played 37 times on loan at Cardiff last season. Scored 7 goals and got 12 assists...

NO WERE not ,slav as given bettis his list and united are going for them,if they were bargain basement slav would not have signed, in a way ya questioning the integrity of slave saying all we,ll be going for is bargain basement. the man would have not signed his contract or taken up the offer.
Slave :ROFLMAO: was probably told he had to sell and that Berge would 100% be going. The question is will the club reduce their price ?. I think they will have to do. I am not questing Slav at all but i have brought the debate back to what investment the Prince will put in to help get promotion. Without the sale of Berge it will not be alot.

Slave :ROFLMAO: was probably told he had to sell and that Berge would 100% be going. The question is will the club reduce their price ?. I think they will have to do. I am not questing Slav at all but i have brought the debate back to what investment the Prince will put in to help get promotion. Without the sale of Berge it will not be alot.
I think Twirls has said before he has dislexia BFL.I'd love Sander to stay but alas i fear he'll leave and i don't think we'll be told the amount either but most clubs keep fees under wraps nowadays mi thinks.UTB

Last edited:
The Athletic are also reporting that we want to sign Conor Hourihane from Villa. West Brom are also said to be interested, which seems odd given that they've just signed Alex Mowatt who plays in the same position. I can't say I'm that bothered about him to be honest, although I was surprised to find he is only 30. I thought he was several years older than that.

The Athletic are also reporting that we want to sign Conor Hourihane from Villa. West Brom are also said to be interested, which seems odd given that they've just signed Alex Mowatt who plays in the same position. I can't say I'm that bothered about him to be honest, although I was surprised to find he is only 30. I thought he was several years older than that.
Be good for set pieces I wouldn’t say no

I wish rod would try that occasionally 🤐
Don't encourage the prat Bigglenaldo.:giggle:I See you're mentioning me AGAIN , tha nowt but a stalker Wyatt Earp.:giggle: a couple of weeks ago my Cardiologist told me he thinks at sometime in the not too distant past i've had a Heart Attack without knowing owt about it,they call it a Silent Heart Attack.When our Gertie told mi oldest son he said that can't be r8 mi Dad dunt do owt quietly,:giggle: It's such a wonderful feeling to feel so loved by my family.:yes: UTB

Last edited:
Hourihane would be a lazy and unnecessary signing. But I would like a set piece taker. We've not scored from a free kick for about 8 seasons.

I'm not inspired by the noises coming out about our targets. I don't think we have much to spend. Wilder's blown fortune, Covid and McCabe fucking us from beyond the grave all factors.

Need to sell Ramsdale and Berge. We could look absolutely stupid in no time for not doing so.

But as we all know, "being after" and "getting" are entirely different.
I won't hold my breath!

Rumours are rumours until you see them.on website holding up the beloved Red and white shirt with quotes similar to 'My Dream Movie,' or 'I've always wanted to play for Sheffield United (even if they've never heard of us before)'