Transfers - Summer 2021 | Page 53 | Vital Football

Transfers - Summer 2021

Its not really the re structuring of the squad or even improving it to at least have some sort of chance of survival, it is currently struggling to even match last seasons squad. If you are going to sell your best player, the best possible price has to be achieved. As it has not been, once again the club are struggling to afford to buy the players required. Losing Emi is like losing 2 players as Pukki will not be set up so much and at present there is no sign of striker signing ( nor will there be of the quality required ). Rashica is an unknown so best we can hope for is being as good as Emi. Skipp loan has been replaced with Gilmore loan ( and we can see from last night how youth is often no match for seasoned experienced players ).
Gibson and Giannoulis are permanent but we already had them her so remain as before. To sum up, with pre season having started and new season close to just 6 weeks away, the only advance in the squad from last season is signing a better reserve goalkeeper. With the likely sale of Aarons, I can already hear SW saying we have the replacement already here, which may be ok IF the money was used to pay out for actually getting in the quality required but it will not be.

Back to the issue of not having a majority owner with the wealth to support a
Premiership team

Back to the issue of not having a majority owner with the wealth to support a
Premiership team

So the answer is to give up on any hope of staying in premier league.
The Smiffs will not sell and as we gradually lose our best players to fund purchase of lesser quality replacements in a higher league and set aside money to cover losses due to lack of owner financial input, we will never have good enough players to compete. That is without the fortunate position of having a golden crop of youngsters sold as we have just managed to do. Once Aarons has gone ( and maybe Cantwell ) there is not anybody left to cash in on.
That is ok because will will be back to mid able championship by then where the Smiffs really want to be.

On the website associated with a colour, posters are thinking that because a central midfielder is coming in from Nice it means we will not be signing Billing. However the central midfielder is one of those two playing deep in front of the defence, while I think they are lining up Billing to be competition for Dowell as a central attacking midfielder........we shall see.

However if we do switch to 4-3-3 then we can concentrate on signing a striker and a CB with the budget we have plus the sale of Hugill. If we sell Airons then we will need another RB and hopefully a quality right attacking midfielder / winger.

Interesting times ahead!

Last edited:
McCallum has gone to QPR on loan. Am I the only one who would have preferred him to stay? He can play in multiple positions and prices he is above championship standard last season. Will he be one talent that we end up selling?

We are now down to one left back with byram a right footed player and not playing for over a year as back up. I'd have sent him out on loan to get up to match fitness. Sorensen will get destroyed at left be k in prem me thinks.

On the website associated with a colour, posters are thinking that because a central midfielder is coming in from Nice it means we will not be signing Billing. However the central midfielder is one of those two playing deep in front of the defence, while I think they are lining up Billing to be competition for Dowell as a central attacking midfielder........we shall see.
Pierre lees melon.

Looks like another lukas Rupp. Can play in defensive role, right winger, right back, attacking midfield.

I didn't want biling but the reports were saying we had offered 12 million...now we have gone for a 5 million player. So maybe 7 million going to be added to the 10 million we had for a defender 😁?

I'm thinking this chap might be the Skipp replacement more than biling.

It seems to me that Pierre Lees-Melou, if he should sign, would be used as one of the CDM (central defensive midfielders) that comprised of Skipp & McLean for the most part last season. He is able to play as a box to box player and seems to be renowned for his energy and power in the middle of the field - he also likes a long, powerful shot just like Alex Tettey. “SHOOOOOOOOT” I can hear the cries already…

It seems to me that Pierre Lees-Melou, if he should sign, would be used as one of the CDM (central defensive midfielders) that comprised of Skipp & McLean for the most part last season. He is able to play as a box to box player and seems to be renowned for his energy and power in the middle of the field - he also likes a long, powerful shot just like Alex Tettey. “SHOOOOOOOOT” I can hear the cries already…

Just been watching Vids of him..Very impressed with him, an excellent signing for around 5m.

Never heard of this guy either and fee is small, i guess that means Skipp definitely wont come now, hope this guy hits the ground running as another foreign cheap gamble