Euros | Page 86 | Vital Football

Euros

Macron plays to the same nationalist boomer audience in France that Johnson plays to here.

It works on you when it's Johnson doing it so you can hardly criticise your French equivalents
Oh we can Pope. You will never, ever hear a politician from our country slam and criticize another nation or population like that jumped up little, risible, despicable asshat.
As for the press, the Danish press were also very sore and bitter. Sure, complain about the penalty, but have some perspective. It was never a free kick, so a 1-0 win in a game where their goalie was MOM if both decisions were not given.

And this BS over home advantage needs to stop too. There is always 1 country who has it, and this time it is us

Oh we can Pope. You will never, ever hear a politician from our country slam and criticize another nation or population like that jumped up little, risible, despicable asshat.
As for the press, the Danish press were also very sore and bitter. Sure, complain about the penalty, but have some perspective. It was never a free kick, so a 1-0 win in a game where their goalie was MOM if both decisions were not given.

And this BS over home advantage needs to stop too. There is always 1 country who has it, and this time it is us

I suspect u haven't heard boris, or mogg, or the fat little gammon dude from essex actually speak.

Agree with pope, media is shit pretty much everywhere, obviously turning rivalry into baiting makes money.

Agree.

England are the only "hosts" not to play every game at home.

They seem to ignore that poulson should have been carded at least 4 times as well

Funny France didn’t moan about home advantage in 98

anyone watching the germany england in colour game?
its been out before tho in all my time ive never actually watched the whole game.
Interesting comparing the positional play to today etc. Its actually quicker than I thought, tho they all look as old as me

There's a social club next door to my house and they've been singing three lions now with the song on what must be max volume on repeat for like half an hour.
I mean for fuck's sake we all want England to win its not a competition.

As someone associated with Marxism, the unification of Italy and also Nottingham Forest's original strip, which side do you think Giuseppe Garibaldi will be supporting tonight?

England and our football team's Marxist ideologies or the nation he helped to create?

Might be one better answered by Pope.

i admit, the whole 1996 thing has bored me to tears. Am glad we will actually have something else to talk about.. Especially if we win, we can then talk about doing a Spain and winning a few on the bounce.

Watched most of the copa america. Tipped the Argies to win and they just beat Brazil. Messi was amazing the whole tourny, scored like 4 and created like 6. Overall tho the game was more stop start than our tourney and so much rolling around they make italy and england look like angels. Seemed to be less space, so they are very fit.

As someone associated with Marxism, the unification of Italy and also Nottingham Forest's original strip, which side do you think Giuseppe Garibaldi will be supporting tonight?

England and our football team's Marxist ideologies or the nation he helped to create?

Might be one better answered by Pope.

Probably the same as me, he's a red after all :) England to wn the Euros or Forest to get promoted? Im choosing us all day.. May not have thought that when I was younger

Rumour is that Trippier in for Saka. This means set pieces and crosses are seen as the way forward. Also means a very tight game for 70 mins before speed merchants and dribblers come on. Can see this going to extra time. E pect a long night.

I suspect u haven't heard boris, or mogg, or the fat little gammon dude from essex actually speak.

Agree with pope, media is shit pretty much everywhere, obviously turning rivalry into baiting makes money.

What makes it amazing is that this is proof in itself how peoples minds are conditioned over decades

Does not matter that you have pointed this out and it literally is facts in someones mind like Finbar it still will not sit well with him and he will dismiss it outright

This is exactly how Brexit worked and how the Tories keep winning in this country

Rumour is that Trippier in for Saka. This means set pieces and crosses are seen as the way forward. Also means a very tight game for 70 mins before speed merchants and dribblers come on. Can see this going to extra time. E pect a long night.
Sounds like the 3 at the back then, keep it tight for an hour or so and then try and get at them when their legs are going.

Getting a bit hyped, hope the players keep this consistent form going that Italy uneaten record has to end at some point.

Not gonna slate the team or be negative before kick off but I’m gutted he’s gone 5 at the back. We’ve looked so much better these last 2 games under the normal formation and thought he got away with it against Germany playing this way. We’ll see.

Agree.

England are the only "hosts" not to play every game at home.

Strangely, this works even more to our advantage.

We have been in one location almost throughout whereas other teams have had ridiculous criss-crossing across Europe every few days.

Our schedule in comparison to others' schedules actually has given us even more of an advantage than traditional straightforward home advantage would.

But fuck it. It is what it is (as a certain well dressed, tall, emotionally stable Scotsman would say).

Not gonna slate the team or be negative before kick off but I’m gutted he’s gone 5 at the back. We’ve looked so much better these last 2 games under the normal formation and thought he got away with it against Germany playing this way. We’ll see.
Its easy to change if it really isn't working though. Just take Trippier off and stick someone attacking on

It's the most sensible.

England looked so much better against Germany with a back three. Balanced, covered, still able to attack. They earned their way into the game, plus Trippier gives an extra goal threat at set pieces in a tight game.

England are not as good as Italy man for man. There is no point in just ignoring them and playing "our game"; England have to do everything they can to nullify Italian advantages, otherwise the better team will just win

It's the most sensible.

England looked so much better against Germany with a back three. Balanced, covered, still able to attack. They earned their way into the game, plus Trippier gives an extra goal threat at set pieces in a tight game.

England are not as good as Italy man for man. There is no point in just ignoring them and playing "our game"; England have to do everything they can to nullify Italian advantages, otherwise the better team will just win

I disagree.

I didn’t think we attacked well at all vs Germany and the goal we did came out of nowhere.

Spain went at Italy and were incredibly unfortunate not to win in normal team. Our stronger forwards would punish Italy.