Score Predictions & Match Thread: England v Denmark | Page 9 | Vital Football

Score Predictions & Match Thread: England v Denmark

Grealish looks pi$$ed off and I don’t blame him …. we suddenly looked a good side with him & Foden on the pitch in that first period of extra time.

We have the players to win this on Sunday, let’s hope Gareth picks them.
Better than when Mason Mount was on, he slows it down for me, I'd taken him off first not Saka, who was causing them problems, his face seems to fit, sadly all managers have favourites and clearly Foden and Grealish aren't.
Dons tin hat!

What a performance that was against a fairly decent team. Fantastic last 15 of normal time then the entirety of extra time. The possession for the last 5 minutes was superb - Denmark were chasing shadows. I thought we had the selection a little awry in the first 45 - Saka and Mount weren't doing it for me, but then they both did well second half. Big call to take Grealish off when he had just come on, but it worked. Oh, and Sterling - simply fantastic, still full of energy after 120 minutes.

We don't need to fear Italy but I expect their break aways to be more incisive than Denmark's, so Stones and Maguire et al will need to be on their A game.

Grealish looks pi$$ed off and I don’t blame him …. we suddenly looked a good side with him & Foden on the pitch in that first period of extra time.

We have the players to win this on Sunday, let’s hope Gareth picks them.
It was a massive call and he will be disappointed. Some careful man management needed. I have to say he had given the ball away about 4 times in normal time after he came on so he didn't seem quite on form, but still gutting for him. Was it Jay Martin all those years ago who John Beck did that to? Foden played well.

He’s up against Kyle Walker now, let’s see if he lives up to that status.

Huge difference in quality to last night, but we’ve come back well after an awful 20 mins. Pickford won’t be happy to be beaten in virtually the centre of the goal. Kane dropping so deep but a wonderful pre-assist for the equaliser.

It was a soft penalty and very Brennanesque. However the Danes can have few gripes as they completely ran out of steam and the better team won. Did someone really post on here, Sterling was awful? What game were you watching mate. Southgate gets the big calls right again but tough on Grealish , but it is all about the team. Yes we would all like Foden, Grealish, Sancho, Rashford Mount and Saka not forgetting Bellingham in the starting 11, but let's get real. A late bonus to hear Neville make the telling comment that is real leadership at the end. No more needs saying.

It was a soft penalty and very Brennanesque. However the Danes can have few gripes as they completely ran out of steam and the better team won. Did someone really post on here, Sterling was awful? What game were you watching mate. Southgate gets the big calls right again but tough on Grealish , but it is all about the team. Yes we would all like Foden, Grealish, Sancho, Rashford Mount and Saka not forgetting Bellingham in the starting 11, but let's get real. A late bonus to hear Neville make the telling comment that is real leadership at the end. No more needs saying.

Sterling could bang a hat trick in the final and some people would still stag him off...

On a slightly different note - am I the only person who thought Sterling was monumentally useless for the majority of the match?

He has had a good tournament and I am not denying his spot in the starting 11 on Sunday, but nearly every run he made (regardless of whether he beat one or two players) produced no end product. He directly forced the own goal from Saka's cross and his dive won the penalty which Kane eventually scored from, but the rest of his performance was poor for me.

I suppose it is the Brennan Johnson/Morgan Rogers argument on the National stage.

Well Gary disagrees :lol:

EAB3D666-BFEF-48E5-B8A4-A6AE59E426E5.jpeg

Reactions as ever are all about what you want to see rather than what actually happened.

This way people feel they can justify that penalty award in the same way the Peterborough fans were able to, and to be fair half the penalties we got last season were blatant dives by either Johnson or Grant.

Nevertheless the same people who moan bitterly when the other side get a doubtful penalty are able to rationalise decisions like those when it goes in their own team's favour.

It was never a foul on Sterling, as practically any neutral knows. What's worse from the pictures I've seen there were two footballs on the field at the time so play should have been stopped before he even got into the penalty area.

I don't blame the ref, but I do blame VAR as that should have been overturned.

On the balance of play you can't argue about the result, but if fair results were what football is about England would have been playing Spain instead of Italy and football would be like cricket or football with little doubt in the outcome.

The possession for the last 5 minutes was superb - Denmark were chasing shadows. .

As good as I've seen anyone manage out a game, Denmark were shattered and we didn't give them a kick. See other sides go in the corner, lose possession, opposition plays it long up field. Just keep the ball when you can!
TV this morning going on about how tense the final minutes were, but they weren't really.

As good as I've seen anyone manage out a game, Denmark were shattered and we didn't give them a kick. See other sides go in the corner, lose possession, opposition plays it long up field. Just keep the ball when you can!
TV this morning going on about how tense the final minutes were, but they weren't really.
Ah yes, Morning TV - never let the facts get in the way of a good story!

BBC TV Yorkshire news at 7 this morning and the woman must have been wearing incontinence pants as she waffled on about all the players from here in England s team last night, but only 1 I believe playes in Yorkshire. Plus Gareth Southgate, southener, lives in North Yorkshire!

On the penalty I’m trying to imagine (if I can) being in Sterling’s boots. Running with the ball in a tight area and someone sticks a leg out in front of you (I think we can agree was nowhere near the ball) I think you would have an instinctive reaction which causes you to start to fall, and that’s not taking into account another rash challenge from the other side. There was probably no way through with the ball and yet there were two challenges nowhere near getting the ball.

So it turns out getting to the final of a major tournament is all about having 11 talented players that operate as a team, know their system, are capable of playing to it and don't concede many goals. Apparently it's not banging in every player of supposed "quality" that the fans are baying to be included and whinging endlessly about "too many defensive players"

Who knew eh?

So it turns out getting to the final of a major tournament is all about having 11 talented players that operate as a team, know their system, are capable of playing to it and don't concede many goals. Apparently it's not banging in every player of supposed "quality" that the fans are baying to be included and whinging endlessly about "too many defensive players"

Who knew eh?

Gareth Southgate, apparently.