Another first for the pork | Page 5 | Vital Football

Another first for the pork

Didn't they take the piss out of royally when we had Macron..?
Yes they did and yet for some reason, they're absolutely creaming themselves over this 'good news' and heralding it as a positive change in their fortunes. This uplift has allowed them to immediately revert to type and they're already revelling in the 'fact' that they'll have the best away support in the lower leagues...although I think they may have forgotten that the Mackems are still down there.

Yes they did and yet for some reason, they're absolutely creaming themselves over this 'good news' and heralding it as a positive change in their fortunes. This uplift has allowed them to immediately revert to type and they're already revelling in the 'fact' that they'll have the best away support in the lower leagues...although I think they may have forgotten that the Mackems are still down there.

Also a decent season from Ipswich, Charlton, Portsmouth and Bolton might see them not even in the top five

Some of the tweets under that are amazing.
Aren't they just? It's everybody's fault but the 2 clubs involved. That's the madness of Twitter for you, even the thread about it on Porktalk has some semblance of sense in the main as to where the blame really lies.

I notice the 2020 accounts are now published. First one after the sale of the stadium.

Income £20.6m
Expenditure £44.6m

Loss for the year £24m

You're not reading that wrong. They spent over £2 for every £1 of income.

The correct term is 'Holy fuckshandies..!'

£99m in debt, and social media is full of 'Does that mean we can buy more players now?'

They've got to keep up the massive image.
They're like them neighbours you sometimes hear of.

They have to be better than the rest of the street, they go and get anything they want on credit, new cars every two years, new triple glazing every three years, new landscaped garden every few years, got to spend £200 a week in Waitrose instead of £100 in Asda.

Got to travel to exotic places and wouldn't dream of being less than 5 stars.

They wind everyone up by bragging about how much better they are than everybody else

Then one day the bailiffs turn up, and they wonder why everyone is on the street sniggering at them

I notice the 2020 accounts are now published. First one after the sale of the stadium.

Income £20.6m
Expenditure £44.6m

Loss for the year £24m

You're not reading that wrong. They spent over £2 for every £1 of income.

The correct term is 'Holy fuckshandies..!'
Is the £60m sale of the ground included in this?

Is the £60m sale of the ground included in this?

Nope. Thats in the previous years accounts value £39m, which enabled them to make a profit of £19m to save themselves with FFP (kind of). They say that the loss of 5 home games cost £1.5m of gate revenue, so what the last years total loss of revenue does, one would imagine thats £5m minimum, big earners still on the books until June. If you were going to take a guess at losses 20/21, somewhere north of £20m again looks assured.

I know Chancer keeps saying football isn't like any other business in the world, but its a brave man who sticks £500k a week down the hole that he's already shoved £100m in cash, AND the ground too. Its a lot of tins of tuna, isn't it..?