Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM | Page 158 | Vital Football

Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM

Indeed, our morals and values have changed considerably in just the last 50-60 years when you look at homosexuality, black footballers, Asian immigration etc.

There must’ve been lots of decent humanist-type people (even if of religious belief) who thought this was wrong, in order to force through the end of slavery. It’s a subject I don’t know that much about so perhaps I should read up on it, but I believe it was the wealthier traders who would’ve benefitted directly from this awful part of our history rather than the Average Joe.

The part I struggle with reconciling, there’s a lot of shit going on in the world which the U.K. contributes to directly or indirectly. Perhaps in centuries time our future families will look back at all the proxy wars and shit in the world where our allies bomb refugee houses for example but that’s good for profits, and wonder what we were like as normal people powerless to really stop all that. I’m getting very philosophical here…
Well yeah. Normal peasants like us who work normal jobs and don't get to have a hot sexy aide flirting with us at work are powerless really.
Pawns. Cannon fodder. Lemmings etc.

Indeed, our morals and values have changed considerably in just the last 50-60 years when you look at homosexuality, black footballers, Asian immigration etc.

There must’ve been lots of decent humanist-type people (even if of religious belief) who thought this was wrong, in order to force through the end of slavery. It’s a subject I don’t know that much about so perhaps I should read up on it, but I believe it was the wealthier traders who would’ve benefitted directly from this awful part of our history rather than the Average Joe.

The part I struggle with reconciling, there’s a lot of shit going on in the world which the U.K. contributes to directly or indirectly. Perhaps in centuries time our future families will look back at all the proxy wars and shit in the world where our allies bomb refugee houses for example but that’s good for profits, and wonder what we were like as normal people powerless to really stop all that. I’m getting very philosophical here…

If a genius like Darwin can get it so wrong, we really can't expect perfection, can we. The good part is that I am certain his viewpoint would have changed in line with evidence, and that's how we should all adapt.

Blacks don't have lower IQs, given the same opportunities. That was debunked a long time ago. Gays aren't evil, they just have genetic markers that make them prefer same see relationships. Trans brain patterns more closely resemble the sea they identify with.

There's no need for prejudice at all.

You may like Bertrand Russell.

If a genius like Darwin can get it so wrong, we really can't expect perfection, can we. The good part is that I am certain his viewpoint would have changed in line with evidence, and that's how we should all adapt.

Blacks don't have lower IQs, given the same opportunities. That was debunked a long time ago. Gays aren't evil, they just have genetic markers that make them prefer same see relationships. Trans brain patterns more closely resemble the sea they identify with.

I agree with this.
But I also hate people clutching straws and looking for things to act the victim and accuse people of being an 'ist' when in fact they are not.

While I don't know CRT inside out, whats actually good about it is they try to take racism away from individuals. At the very least in a historical context this makes sense and its a fantastic way to analyse the negative aspects of racism IMO. We can look back and see the flaws in their thinking and how detrimental it was to human life but also how it caused other awful events for those in power.

Darwin was a colonialist by birth and given the era its difficult to really blame him as an individual. Back in the day there were "good" people as Mike and others described. There were people who criticized the treatment of Africans or Indians and appreciated their culture. However they were raised in a society and system that meant they were going to be prejudiced against those same people. Those people were bombarded with images, books, etc. of foreign peoples being less than human. Its a fallacy to think that none of that would make it into their heads. The same way its a fallacy to think that a child growing up in a poor and dangerous environment is capable of making the decision to turn down money which leads them to crime.

As I heard in a podcast, we can't simply apply our morals of today on those who dropped the atomic bombs. This wasnt simply one singular decision they made, this was the culmination of 100s of atrocities and 1000s of incremental decisions that went from "strategic bombing" of German industrial zones to carpet fire bombing the timber cities of Japan. Similarly we can't simply apply all of our experiences to every situation like a completely different culture or environment has no impact on the decisions of others.

The missus had a great start her day today, she suffered some racial trauma as an East Asian Uber Driver refused to pick her up. She made her profile photo and everything all black so when he showed up to collect her he wouldnt let her in the car. He then made something up about a PIN being required.

There was thinly veiled truth to what he said you do need a PIN number but only if the person making the ride enables it. Meaning he cant enable it on his side so he knew exactly what he was doing. She told him her name, told him his name and showed him her phone before he docked her rating, and cancelled the ride.

Whats a little more infuriating is she is on the DEI Panel at her school and has forced her school to make a comment about recent East Asian discrimination happening in America.

So now I am here just wishing I could fucking knock that moron on.

I don't doubt for a second he benefits personally from his deals, and whilst I think the money in football is batshit, why focus on him as he's not the only player doing it but he's using his position to try and do good when plenty of others don't.

But this is the Speccie and I remember some of their reactions to Kane, Henderson et al donating to the NHS when they wouldn't take a pay cut. Yet nobody knows what has been donated because that's allowed to be 'private'.

I don't doubt for a second he benefits personally from his deals,
Yes but he goes on to say in a thread that any fee he receives is spent on achieving his goals of food on the table, safe after school care, safe places for vulnerable kids to go etc.

The point is, he's not benefitting personally from this (he obviously doesn't need to). It's just a hatchet job from a right wing rag and these c**ts should be utterly ashamed of what they are doing, but obviously won't be.

Yes read it mate, but I carefully make the distinction between 'partnerships' he makes on a commercial career basis and then 'partnerships' he now makes to further his agenda where his fee would be commitments, donations, funding etc.

I do that because it's not a great explanation and using the word 'most' I can see some journo out there looking for unrelated partnerships he's made to try and paint him as a liar - but I don't find 'most' that much of a problem myself.

His career could end on the opening day of the season, so he always needs to keep one eye on his own future anyway.

Slightly off topic but I've noticed that The Guardian is reporting weather events as headline news now. Their top story is the Pegasis thing and then just below that are two stories about the weather. I'm not anti-climate change or anything but "it's hot in summer" is hardly headline news.
Perhaps subscriptions are tanking.

Slightly off topic but I've noticed that The Guardian is reporting weather events as headline news now. Their top story is the Pegasis thing and then just below that are two stories about the weather. I'm not anti-climate change or anything but "it's hot in summer" is hardly headline news.
I am sure if you dig deep enough there is a racist or sexist element to the story.

I am sure if you dig deep enough there is a racist or sexist element to the story.
Spoke too soon

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...more-climate-emissions-than-women-study-finds

Men cause more climate emissions than women, study finds

Men’s spending on goods causes 16% more climate-heating emissions than women’s, despite the sum of money being very similar, a study has found.

The biggest difference was men’s spending on petrol and diesel for their cars. The gender differences in emissions have been little studied, the researchers said, and should be recognised in action to beat the climate crisis.

Spoke too soon

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...more-climate-emissions-than-women-study-finds

Men’s spending on goods causes 16% more climate-heating emissions than women’s, despite the sum of money being very similar, a study has found.

The biggest difference was men’s spending on petrol and diesel for their cars. The gender differences in emissions have been little studied, the researchers said, and should be recognised in action to beat the climate crisis.

Just ban men driving lorries then, that’ll solve the equation. We’ll all starve to death in the meantime but at least men won’t be over indexing on climate change.

Spoke too soon

Perfect Guardian reporting. Married couple buys a car. Drives around in the car together. Pay for it together and yet it's the man's carbon emissions.

Tomorrow's story will be about how women are being oppressed because men drive them around.

The day after tomorrow there will be a story about heroic women who are fighting for gender equality by driving the family car sometimes.

Over the weekend they will run multiple stories about how men are oppressing women by forcing them to drive the family car sometimes.

Perfect Guardian reporting. Married couple buys a car. Drives around in the car together. Pay for it together and yet it's the man's carbon emissions.

Tomorrow's story will be about how women are being oppressed because men drive them around.

The day after tomorrow there will be a story about heroic women who are fighting for gender equality by driving the family car sometimes.

Over the weekend they will run multiple stories about how men are oppressing women by forcing them to drive the family car sometimes.
The dangerous bit is the author of the study calling for active discrimination between genders when it comes to public policy recommendations.

Last edited: