Season Tickets 2021/22 | Page 26 | Vital Football

Season Tickets 2021/22

The worry now though is will it be safe for us to be back at games?
Now that any pretence at keeping people safe has just been totally abandoned, the fear has to be that come the start of the season and onwards into the autumn, that cases will have just kept on rising and rising.

I felt safe enough at Wembley. I would not feel safe in a packed Sincil Bank where plenty of people could be carrying the virus.

Gosh. Way more than I might have guessed then.
Mind you, I've never been to a test match.

I have seen Lincolnshire play a few times so hope to get another chance of that sometime. Think our Rob Bradley is chair of Lincs CCC or has been ?

The cost of international cricket tickets have gone through the roof in the last decade and the problem is that if you want a decent view as opposed to 'the experience', then you do really need to buy an expensive ticket to get a decent seat.

The match day 'organisation', restrictions and stewarding have also become more and more restrictive to the extent that the fans who are in the ground for a full day can start to feel a bit like herded cattle. It never used to be like that. I don't bother with international cricket any more, as you can have a fantastic, civilised day at a snip if you go to county cricket competitions i.e. Championship, T20, London Cup.

Trust me, a LCFC season ticket is incredible value when compared to England cricket, and that's even factoring in for it being international level fare.

Leave the first 3 or 4 days to the day trippers, but if you can attend at short notice it is still worth considering a cheap ticket on day 5, depending on the stage of the game.

Day 5 tickets £20
T20 blast with the booking fee £24
The tickets I have for the hundred £14

Blame supply and demand. Most test matches in England in normal non COVID seasons the first 3 days are sold out in advance. The grounds hosting a test match have to pay the ECB a massive wedge for the privilege. I’ve paid £60 for a days cricket at Trent Bridge, Headingley and Edgbaston but haven’t been to Lords where I think its more like £100

Now that any pretence at keeping people safe has just been totally abandoned, the fear has to be that come the start of the season and onwards into the autumn, that cases will have just kept on rising and rising.

I felt safe enough at Wembley. I would not feel safe in a packed Sincil Bank where plenty of people could be carrying the virus.

Then unfortunately you will never feel safe.

The reality is that Covid-19 is here to stay and will never be irradicated. You have to accept that this is just another thing that you could catch and there is a miniscule chance it could kill you but that is no different from diseases and viruses before Covid but it didn't stop people living their lives.

People have to adjust their mindset if not it will blight them for the rest of their lives. Sadly not just here but around the world some people will become trapped by fear and never live their lives as they did before.

Personally I can't wait to get back into a packed Sincil Bank in August so bring it on. Oh and Gillingham away here I come!

If you've had two jabs, it'll be the most immune you'll be. If you don't feel safe by the time the season kicks off, when you've been jabbed (presumably you're having/have had the vaccine) and when another few hundred thousand will have had jabs, then I'm not sure when you will.

If you've had two jabs, it'll be the most immune you'll be. If you don't feel safe by the time the season kicks off, when you've been jabbed (presumably you're having/have had the vaccine) and when another few hundred thousand will have had jabs, then I'm not sure when you will.

There is a further threshold, though: herd immunity. That will be achieved (with a basic R=7 for the delta variant, which is very high, btw) when around 85% of the population have been double-jabbed and/or have achieved some natural immunity through infection.

At that point R becomes < 0 and management of covid potentially becomes much more like seasonal 'flu (although still more virulent).

The government has clearly decided to achieve that 85% figure now not through the vaccination programme solely, but by letting the virus rip through younger, less vulnerable age groups who are not fully vaccinated.

That was a choice and there will be consequences. Whether those consequences are acceptable, of course, depends on your perspective.

Day 5 tickets £20

Prices for the Hundred seem to have fallen dramatically over the past year - hoping they might further and I may give it a go!
It might actually do OK after attendances for the T20 have unfortunately been limited.

£14 was the cheapest seats I could get.
Went to a blast game last weekend at trent bridge, 5, 000 or so there I believe.
The food and drink prices were much higher than my last visit 2 years ago, you understand why but it did put off buying stuff in the ground.

There is a further threshold, though: herd immunity. That will be achieved (with a basic R=7 for the delta variant, which is very high, btw) when around 85% of the population have been double-jabbed and/or have achieved some natural immunity through infection.

At that point R becomes < 0 and management of covid potentially becomes much more like seasonal 'flu (although still more virulent).

The government has clearly decided to achieve that 85% figure now not through the vaccination programme solely, but by letting the virus rip through younger, less vulnerable age groups who are not fully vaccinated.

That was a choice and there will be consequences. Whether those consequences are acceptable, of course, depends on your perspective.
I'm glad it's not just me that came to that conclusion.

Day 5 tickets £20
11 day membership at Lancs - choose any 11 days from all domestic fixtures. Works out about £12 a day with full access to the pavilion facilities and 10% discount on food/drink. About the same cost as a 'good' seat for one day at the test.

I think we pay about £15 per match as Imps ST holders? (please correct me if I'm wrong), so the value is definitely to be had in domestic sport. I just feel international sport has become a huge rip off but johnnolbe is quite right about prices being driven by demand.

It's all Vaughan's fault for winning The Ashes in 05 and we'd better watch out if Southgate pulls off the Euros - bah humbug.

. I just feel international sport has become a huge rip off but johnnolbe is quite right about prices being driven by demand.

It's all Vaughan's fault for winning The Ashes in 05 and we'd better watch out if Southgate pulls off the Euros - bah humbug.

Usually go to one or two England Wembley games with kids; In the family section it's been good value in the past (£25 adult/£10 kids) - not the very best seats, but not bad either (last time had same view as the £45 play off final tickets).
Interesting to see if prices now increase post COVID.