Transfer Targets 2021/22 Season | Page 12 | Vital Football

Transfer Targets 2021/22 Season

I forgot to mention yesterday it came out that Slav had invited 10 academy lads down to train with the first team squad saying age is no barrier if they are good enough they are old enough, I think it was in the piece Nathan hemmingham posted either way I was pleased to hear it

I hope that is true, would like to see the club blood some youngsters into the first-team if they are good enough.

Harvey Elliott as well. Two players we might try and sign on loan maybe?

Yes, those two have to be targets if available.

I think we could get both. Sessegnon might fancy smashing the Championship again with his old boss.

Elliott could play RW and Sessegnon LW - or LWB.

Apparently we're asking for £35-40m for Ramsdale.

If so, what the fucking hell are we playing at?

We have a ridiculous opportunity here to cash in assets at peak value, secure our financial stability for the foreseeable and recoup enough of the money Wilder wasted.

Are we pretending Ramsdale and Berge are irreplaceable?

We have a ridiculous opportunity here to cash in assets at peak value, secure our financial stability for the foreseeable and recoup enough of the money Wilder wasted.

If we weren't to get straight back up I don't think Ramsdales value would be adversly affected. He's part of the England set up and would still only be 24. I would love to see him and Berge play large parts in our campaign.

I would too but I think we have to do the responsible thing and I also think we can have the best of both - pocket the money at their peak value and still get promoted without them, ending the transfer window in big profit.

What we are doing is proper negotiation not blink immediately like we usually do. Thank god we have learned a hard lesson. When you look at the players in the England squad and want we sold them for it is criminal. I do agree with you if we get £60 million plus we have to take it but Slav has to get £40 million minimum for new players. 3-4 quality additions and we will get promoted.

What we are doing is proper negotiation not blink immediately like we usually do. Thank god we have learned a hard lesson. When you look at the players in the England squad and want we sold them for it is criminal. I do agree with you if we get £60 million plus we have to take it but Slav has to get £40 million minimum for new players. 3-4 quality additions and we will get promoted.

£40m is too much. Don't need that much. Especially if we get a couple of top quality loans.

If we have the budget to aim at 2 or 3 big permanent signings that would be great. The likes of Cooper, McNair and maybe Michael Olise could be possibiities.

Even if we bring in £50-60m I think a budget around £25m would be more than enough.

says Rammers to Arsenal for £20m in my paper

If we sell him for that we have learned absolutely nothing about giving our talent away cheap. I think and hope the article is just a space filler with no credibility. Slavisa has echoed the club line that we will only look at crazy high offers that are way too good to ignore. £20m certainly is nowhere near that.

If we sell him for that we have learned absolutely nothing about giving our talent away cheap. I think and hope the article is just a space filler with no credibility. Slavisa has echoed the club line that we will only look at crazy high offers that are way too good to ignore. £20m certainly is nowhere near that.

Agree - although its the Sunday People - and I doubt they've done much research, just stuck it in cos its Arsenal.

Truth will probably be in the middle - but football is a business and selling Rammers now should bring us a nice little profit to reinvest

Patrick Vieira installed as Crystal Palace manager Chris misses out again it’s an odd one for me don’t think he has any experience in management as such and just being a world class player doesn’t make you top manager by any stretch

Patrick Vieira installed as Crystal Palace manager Chris misses out again it’s an odd one for me don’t think he has any experience in management as such and just being a world class player doesn’t make you top manager by any stretch

That is a hell of a gamble. If it goes south they could go down very easily.

£40m is too much. Don't need that much. Especially if we get a couple of top quality loans.

If we have the budget to aim at 2 or 3 big permanent signings that would be great. The likes of Cooper, McNair and maybe Michael Olise could be possibiities.

Even if we bring in £50-60m I think a budget around £25m would be more than enough.
£25 million will be enough for Cooper, McNair and Olise but would all 3 of them be good enough if we get promoted ?. I think if we could add that extra bit of quality now with at least 2 players we give ourselves a fighting chance if we do go up. My worry is that if Slav does not do it now the money will disappear into another Prince vanity project. We have to start aiming higher if we ever want to consolidate in the Premiership. This may be Slav’s only window of opportunity.

I think those three probably could do it but we shouldn't be overly concerning ourselves with only signing players who can perform if we go up. As if promotion's anything close to a sure thing. We just need to get up and go from there. The more players who are ready the better, but it's secondary by a long way.

Might have a point about a window of opportunity though, because you never know what might change.

Just a point about Berge - the amount of morons clinging to that £35m figure as if it's the only amount we could or should possibly sell for is embarrassing. Half of them don't seem to understand that you can sell for a lower fee than what the release clause says. And anyone who expects us to receive a £35m offer is deluded.