Euros 20/21 Thread | Page 53 | Vital Football

Euros 20/21 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 minutes injury time was a surprise. The right back was down for an age before the stretcher. 5 or 6 breaks for subs…

the old italy appeared for the last few minutes

Thought the Belgians were maybe a little bit tame at the very end, the first half was fantastic. The ref was also awful last 10, in particular just letting donnarumma waste the entire added time period from an incident that wasn't even a foul.

Think Spinazzola is quite a big loss for Italy, and if you think Emerson is the third choice Chelsea LB while the first choice can't get into the England team, and even missed the bench one game before the covid isolation thing, that's interesting.

Their brand of football has been fantastic though (bar the gamesmanship at the end) and you'd expect them to cause some problems for Spain who looked underwhelming again.

Spain will be able to match the Italian gamesmanship in the semi-final and the result may come down to who wins the simulation performances.

Interesting semi-final.

Both sides at a similar stage of their squad cycles i.e. at the beginning. Feels like Mancini has tried to bring some fun back into their national team after a really poor last few years and gone against the Italian way but I suspect that once they start to get some expectation on their shoulders they'll revert back to it.

Can't quite work Spain out. As you'd expect, technically good but it feels like they have to work *really* hard to score a goal.

That's probably the last we'll see of some of Belgium's players and their golden generation. Might squeeze 2022 in but they've got the oldest squad at the Euro so you'd imagine some will opt to retire.

That's probably the last we'll see of some of Belgium's players and their golden generation. Might squeeze 2022 in but they've got the oldest squad at the Euro so you'd imagine some will opt to retire

I think the fact that the WC Finals are only a little over a year away we'll see fewer players announcing their International retirements this time out, followed by a glut come December 2022. Only one I've read so far has been Germany's Kroos

Denmark score a goal from a corner that should have been a goal kick. Why hasn’t VAR disallowed it? They have disallowed them for less.

Status
Not open for further replies.