Jorge Grant | Page 11 | Vital Football

Jorge Grant

A footballer's motives are no higher than the rest of us. It's a fragile, short career and every player will kiss the badge, talk the talk but then move on to a better offer and repeat the process.

It's a fact of life, it's often disappointing but to try and set players on a higher pedestal of loyalty and morality is, in all honesty nonsensical for any lower division club and for one whose business model expressly requires players to be bought, improved and sold for a profit, delusional.

I'm not even arguing that. I am arguing that it is very natural for football fans to express negative sentiment about former 'heroes' who walk out the door and into the arms of another. Anger is a classic grief reaction.

Last edited:
To get back to where we were at kick-off at Wembley, we need to sign:

* midfielder, arguably the division's best
* goalkeeper, among the division's best
* versatile right back with shot at premier league
* full international rated £10m by parent club
* £4m teenage wonderkid signed by Guardiola

Have I missed anyone?

Jorge played well for us, gave us some great moments to remember - and has shown our methods and ethos to work.

Bottom line is, it is his job, as much as his passion. Add to that, that he has a family - which his career could potentially not have the length required to support them.

Playing in the Championship will put him clearly in sight of larger, better clubs too with every chance to progress his career further.

Peterborough is close enough to not need a move, so another positive for him.

I wish him every success for his future.

It's going to be very different next season.
Even if we had the same squad it'd be very different next season IMO because I think Ipswich will pull their finger out this year, as will Pompey under DC. Oxford have had a full summer, Sunderland and Donny will always be there or thereabouts, likewise Rotherham when they're in L1. Wednesday are still Wednesday regardless of being able to pay players or not.

And that's before you start looking at MK who I think will be dark horses, perhaps alongside Shrewsbury.

To get back to where we were at kick-off at Wembley, we need to sign:

* midfielder, arguably the division's best
* goalkeeper, among the division's best
* versatile right back with shot at premier league
* full international rated £10m by parent club
* £4m teenage wonderkid signed by Guardiola

Have I missed anyone?

but this is football. We could sign someone from nowhere who goes to better all of that but then again we could sign Theo Archibald. Isn’t that the wonder of football as Ron Manager would say marvellous. The good thing about premiership youth teams they are a production line. I am sure the 2021/22 line up will be good. The better we develop the better we will get to develop!

Well I see the trolls are very active on here tonight.
For me Jorge goes with thanks for the last season. We've ticked the box of the develop and sell on for a profit and will move on again.
And do I care who he's gone to? No. I concern myself with who will be playing for us come August 7th

Best midfielder we've had since Peyer Gain. On his day, and definitely before his injury, the best in league 1 last season.
Good luck to the lad, he owes us nothing. As already said, he could have gone in January or for nothing, so good on him for signing and helping us get some money for him.
If allowed to play in the middle, I think Tayo could well really blossom next season.

Best midfielder we've had since Peyer Gain. On his day, and definitely before his injury, the best in league 1 last season.
Good luck to the lad, he owes us nothing. As already said, he could have gone in January or for nothing, so good on him for signing and helping us get some money for him.
If allowed to play in the middle, I think Tayo could well really blossom next season.
Tayo needs more consistency and better decision making, but he has the skills and with good coaching can achieve that.

Good luck to hmm, can't begrudge him wanting to play at the highest level and maximise his earnings in what is a short career.

That said, I'm not sure Ferguson is the right coach for him. Appleton got the best out of him and frankly he had flattered to deceive at his previous clubs, was seen as a bit of a show pony/luxury player. Maybe his learnings here will be permanent, but I think if things start going badly at Posh, he could tail off quickly.

Let's wait and see. I hope he goes from strength to strength and moves on for big money and a fat sell-on fee for us.

As much as I'm sad to see him go we hopefully have got a good fee and let's be honest, his 3 year deal will give his young family security with a chance of another big move if he performs. As for Posh, it's always boom or bust.

Interesting move, players come players go. Will have his reasons for going there one of which will obviously be his wage packet.
Genuinely have to wish him luck though for playing under them three muppets. Couldn't of picked a bigger bunch of nutters to sign for.

And how much did we get for Grant?
Why are these numbers not given out?

With big transfers, the millions are always quoted. Why not at our level?