Euros 20/21 Thread | Page 34 | Vital Football

Euros 20/21 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
how does this all fit with singing the dambusters?

I think the difference is quite obvious. There's a reasonable Stacey West bash at that question here: https://staceywest.net/2017/03/23/honour-the-617-the-proper-way/

I think dambusters always feels like a celebration, it's lincoln on the march and it's our heritage as bomber county. When lincoln score and it gets trotted out, its not like England fans with more than a whiff of xenophobia going through a tedious and tuneless attempt to rile german fans in dortmund (for example). Thankfully in the main they seem to have gotten over the war a lot better than we have.

Last edited:
I think the difference is quite obvious. There's a reasonable Stacey West bash at that question here: https://staceywest.net/2017/03/23/honour-the-617-the-proper-way/

I think dambusters always feels like a celebration, it's lincoln on the march and it's our heritage as bomber county. When lincoln score and it gets trotted out, its not like England fans with more than a whiff of xenophobia going through a tedious and tuneless attempt to rile german fans in dortmund (for example). Thankfully in the main they seem to have gotten over the war a lot better than we have.

It's something I mentioned when I heard the Leicester fans singing "ten German bombers" when they were playing a German team in European competition.

A Leicester fan said to me "You lot sing it, what's the difference?" I replied "When we sing it we are singing it about who we are, no matter who the opposition are. You are singing it purely because the opposition is German. There is a big difference."

Back to the footie...

Joe Morrell starts again for Wales against Denmark

Joe hasn’t really put a foot wrong, nice and tidy as ever .... but the Danes totally in charge at the break. Ramsey & James both non-existent for Cymru 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 and must do better.

Wales being outclassed so far. Morrell playing well apart from the ball that injured Roberts. Ridiculous booking for Moore as well.

Wales being outclassed so far. Morrell playing well apart from the ball that injured Roberts. Ridiculous booking for Moore as well.
I don’t think it was a bad ball tbh, Roberts was on his heels to start with, resulting with him over-stretching.

Will be glad to see Wales get knocked out and even happier not to have to hear Robbie Savage again at this tournament.

Denmark have been good, especially defensively. Wales have been poor but they've been given very few chances to score.

Bale continues to flatter to deceive - absolutely no end product whether by shooting, passing or crossing. Long throws are ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.