Score Predictions & Match Thread: England v Czech Republic | Page 4 | Vital Football

Score Predictions & Match Thread: England v Czech Republic

After last week’s debacle I am trying to ignore this but as I am a football addictI I can’t help keeping in touch. But why do the BBC present it as Scotland and the Czechs losing?

Well I suppose this is about getting through the group first and foremost.
Not tremendously exciting though

Showed the Czechs up for a very limited team in the second half, but clearly no-one on either side were determined to give everything and risk an injury or yellow card in the second half

Well played saka.
not much else to suggest we are suddenly going to click next weekend.
will be very pleasantly surprised if we get any further.

Job done. Topped Group, won 2 drawn 1. Goals against 0

The next match is now all that is important. Can't see it being really expansive, but at the end of the day, a win is all that counts

Good first half for Saka, Grealish and Maguire. Second half was again pedestrian but got the result and job done. 25 minutes for Rashford MBE 250,000 k a week, I think he kicked the ball 3 times, 2 of which went to a Czech player. To be fair he got Man Utd to cough up 25 k for the children’s dinners so must deserve his MBE. While Chris Whitty and Johnathan Van Tam didn’t even get a thank you for working 24/7 for the entire U.K.’s health.

Good first half for Saka, Grealish and Maguire. Second half was again pedestrian but got the result and job done. 25 minutes for Rashford MBE 250,000 k a week, I think he kicked the ball 3 times, 2 of which went to a Czech player. To be fair he got Man Utd to cough up 25 k for the children’s dinners so must deserve his MBE. While Chris Whitty and Johnathan Van Tam didn’t even get a thank you for working 24/7 for the entire U.K.’s health.

Not great tonight and wouldn't be in my England team either starting or off the bench based on his form over the last 3 or 4 months but not sure there's much need to be such a cynical misery over trying to do something good, especially seeing as he raised 20 million quid and you're just plucking numbers out your arse for no reason. I'm sure Whitty and Van Tam will get honours so the whataboutery is also pointless (pending an inquiry into handling the virus, perhaps).

If we need it he does normally take a decent penalty so more importantly for this thread (and on football matters) that's an asset compared to some.

Was a bit boring overall but thinking about it fits in with what I read pre-tournament.
Southgate is very studious and his theory is teams win these things by being solid not by bring exciting. Seem to recall Spain with a team full of talent winning 1-0 quite often.

Was a bit boring overall but thinking about it fits in with what I read pre-tournament.
Southgate is very studious and his theory is teams win these things by being solid not by bring exciting. Seem to recall Spain with a team full of talent winning 1-0 quite often.

Portugal crawled out of their group in Euro 2016 with 3 draws (2 points behind those footballing powerhouses Hungary and Iceland) finally winning a game in normal time for the first time in the competition in the semi-finals...

He has found something that he is good at, and worthwhile.

Portugal crawled out of their group in Euro 2016 with 3 draws (2 points behind those footballing powerhouses Hungary and Iceland) finally winning a game in normal time for the first time in the competition in the semi-finals...

Still a chance I suppose of crawling through doing that. Euro 2016 seems a bit like an anomaly and we don't have a Ronaldo (or all those passing players that Spain had in 2010 to control games) but you never know.

Would feel better if Kane looked a bit more fit and firing or the set pieces were a bit more dangerous! Basically don't go 1-0 down as I'm not sure we've got that plan in our locker!

Not great tonight and wouldn't be in my England team either starting or off the bench based on his form over the last 3 or 4 months but not sure there's much need to be such a cynical misery over trying to do something good, especially seeing as he raised 20 million quid and you're just plucking numbers out your arse for no reason. I'm sure Whitty and Van Tam will get honours so the whataboutery is also pointless (pending an inquiry into handling the virus, perhaps).

If we need it he does normally take a decent penalty so more importantly for this thread (and on football matters) that's an asset compared to some.

For me anyone that is is the public limelight on a quarter of a million a week can raise/ask other people who earn a fraction of that, can ask others to contribute, while not contributing from themselves and one of the highest earning clubs in the world.

Not looking for an argument with you RasenImp as life is to short, everyone has different opinions just offering mine,for what it is worth.

For me anyone that is is the public limelight on a quarter of a million a week can raise/ask other people who earn a fraction of that, can ask others to contribute, while not contributing from themselves and one of the highest earning clubs in the world.

Not looking for an argument with you RasenImp as life is to short, everyone has different opinions just offering mine,for what it is worth.

He literally has given some of his own money, and that's where it all started from with the child food stuff when he initially donated to FareShare (and certainly has given his time time in terms of supporting foodbanks, launching a taskforce, speaking to the PM etc). It's a lot more than some have done and directly led to change.

Sometimes there's just a pointless desire to talk everyone down - it's not even opinion just false and being cynical and miserable. Anyway I don't want an argument either, just calling out nonsense.