The DoubleTree by Hilton

Beggars.
Spiceheads.
Scroats.
Lycra vvankers.
Cycle lanes.
No roads to drive on.
No buses anywhere worthwhile.
A lot of shit all you can eat food outlets.
Pawn shops.
Poundland.
Greggs.
Shit pubs unless you're a student in which case you get to go in decent ones with discounts.

The above is all any potential visitor to Sheffield Shitty Centre needs to know.

Edited to add I rest my f u c ki ng case.

SHEFFIELD COUNCIL GIVEN POWER TO FINE DRIVERS £70 FOR MINOR DRIVING OFFENCES IN CITY
Motorists could soon face being fined by Sheffield Council officials for their driving in the city.
Powers to enforce moving traffic offences may be handed to English councils outside London from December, a Department for Transport minister has said.
Baroness Vere told Traffex, a road traffic traffic industry conference: “Local authorities will need the tools to manage roads in the way that best serves local needs, which may vary in different parts of the country, and it is this ethos of localism that lies behind our decision to give more powers to local authorities under the Traffic Management Act.
“So, from December, local authorities will be able to enforce moving traffic offences, such as banned turns, box junctions and driving in formal cycle lanes.”

I first went to Liverpool for a visit a few years ago and went on a Breatles bus tour. The guide told us that the city had just decide to ban bus lanes and that the city actively encouraged cars for the trade. Not a bad idea eh?

SHEFFIELD COUNCIL GIVEN POWER TO FINE DRIVERS £70 FOR MINOR DRIVING OFFENCES IN CITY

Sheffield has been closed to traffic for 20 years. Very hard to get where you want to go, and impossible to get parked when you get there.

Now they've gone completely for the snake oil around zero carbon they are moving further and further way from what people want. We get grandeous plan after plan, each one more expensive than the last, dreamed up by people on bigger and bigger salaries, all missing the point and failing to fix the problem.

We’ve had more city centre regenerations than doctor who and it’s no better now than it was 40/50 yrs ago except about a quarter of the people use it now as to then

I love all areas of Ireland
If it wasn't for our lass I'd have been living over there yonks ago.

I'm not sure the council is blameless, even for the footballing failures

Theyre not entirely to blame, but not blameless either.

All business thrives in areas where business is the name of the game

All business people thrive in an area that welcomes business

All businesses thriving in a certain area, attract people to the area that may bring huge commercial opportunities to their adopted local football club

Plus the councils plans to decimate United whilst promoting their preferred choice of club did more damage than good. Two big clubs competing is always better from a footballing perspective.

But they have only wanted one club for decades, and it would have been playing at Hillsborough, with more grants to extend it to the 60,000 that the deluded twats think they'd need if they succeeded.

Absolutely oblivious to the fact that both clubs have big support because of history and tradition

It's no surprise that the biggest and most successful football clubs are from major cities that have reinvented themselves properly.

In the 1970's and 80's, everywhere was a shithole, Sheffield remained one thanks to the fuckwits in charge

Personally I have zero interest in politics, I don't get the claim that the council has any effect on United's lack of success it just smacks of another excuse IMO. Having followed Utd up and down the country there are many towns and cities that have the same problems as Sheffield, is that a council or governments fault who knows.
I know Paul Reeves at SUFC and he seems to attract a lot of sponsorship and revenue channels to the club. Clearly if we had remained in the Prem his job would be easier, and the state of Sheffield wouldn't be a factor.
Depending how far you want to go back the names of the successful clubs has hardly changed, MU, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, they attract the guys with money, little old SUFC probably not so much.
So I will stick with it's down to the owners, any decisions they make will decide if we are successful or not, nothing to do with the council. United unfortunately only have a mult-millionaire, we require a multi-billionaire to have a chance of real success.

I first went to Liverpool for a visit a few years ago and went on a Breatles bus tour. The guide told us that the city had just decide to ban bus lanes and that the city actively encouraged cars for the trade. Not a bad idea eh?

Stop it Chips. You'll have the woke lycra vvankers burning down your house for such heresy.

Beggars.
Spiceheads.
Scroats.
Lycra vvankers.
Cycle lanes.
No roads to drive on.
No buses anywhere worthwhile.
A lot of shit all you can eat food outlets.
Pawn shops.
Poundland.
Greggs.
Shit pubs unless you're a student in which case you get to go in decent ones with discounts.

The above is all any potential visitor to Sheffield Shitty Centre needs to know.

Edited to add I rest my f u c ki ng case.

Motorists could soon face being fined by Sheffield Council officials for their driving in the city.
Powers to enforce moving traffic offences may be handed to English councils outside London from December, a Department for Transport minister has said.
Baroness Vere told Traffex, a road traffic traffic industry conference: “Local authorities will need the tools to manage roads in the way that best serves local needs, which may vary in different parts of the country, and it is this ethos of localism that lies behind our decision to give more powers to local authorities under the Traffic Management Act.
“So, from December, local authorities will be able to enforce moving traffic offences, such as banned turns, box junctions and driving in formal cycle lanes.”

An American told me that the car was so important to Detroit that there were one way streets and no entries for pedestrians, cars could go anywhere.

I don't know if he was exaggerating or just taking the piss full stop, but I could sort of believe it from the time period.

The West Midlands on the other hand had spaghetti junction built in it.

An American told me that the car was so important to Detroit that there were one way streets and no entries for pedestrians, cars could go anywhere.

I don't know if he was exaggerating or just taking the piss full stop, but I could sort of believe it from the time period.

The West Midlands on the other hand had spaghetti junction built in it.

The car is king in the US. You drive to the end of your drive to collect your mail.
That is helped with gas being so cheap it's free.
Yes there is public transport.
Rail is good.
Greyhound cheap and cheerfull and internal flights the most favoured due to distances involved.

We here have chosen a cluster f u ck of crap.
No integrated transport plan.
Railways obsolete and still largely Victorian.
Roads abysmally maintained.
Motorways a f u c king joke on absolutely every level.
A canal network which could get s h it off the roads ignored and internal flights a f u cking joke.

I'm off to Dartmouth with the youngest Saturday after her cup final against Barnsley in Huddersfield.

Looked at flights.
Manchester to Exeter about a squillion quid on the odd day of the week.
Rail fare about 300 quid return but 7 f u c king hours on the return leg.

So driving. No probs but don't dare bitch at a motorist any woke green co c k suckers.

There are no f u c king alternatives in this transport fu cked country.

The car is king in the US. You drive to the end of your drive to collect your mail.
Rail is good.
Greyhound cheap and cheerfull and internal flights the most favoured due to distances involved.

A canal network which could get s h it off the roads ignored and internal flights a f u cking joke.

I'm off to Dartmouth with the youngest Saturday after her cup final against Barnsley in Huddersfield.

Looked at flights.

So driving. No probs but don't dare bitch at a motorist any woke green co c k suckers.

Don’t you get reduced fares on the rail, don’t say that is reduced fare

Rail is good.

Looked at flights.

I drive EVERYWHERE
And I mean EVERYWHERE

I once drove out of my driveway, and up next doors driveway to give him his shovel back that I'd borrowed earlier

He laughed his bollocks off

He knew I'd done it just to annoy everybody

Rail is good.

Looked at flights.

Backpacked and travelled by Amtrak, Trailways, Greyhound etc the length and breadth of the States and Mexico for years. Their infrastructure and travel systems are superb. £300 quid return? You can get a 30 day Amtrak National Package for not much more. NY to LA, Montana to Louisiana etc. And the price of petrol. Think I'm gonna cry.

For a chuckle we can look 20 years back to the Heart of the City plans and mock-ups, they were going to turn Sheffield into a modern buzzing metropolis - but thanks to the usual SCC incompetence and misspending little good came of the big plans.

In fact Heart of the City was such a failure they're going to waste another half a billion quid on Heart of the City II.

The examiner is full of interviews from people in Sheffield commenting on why the City Centre is dying

And almost every single one of them, man, woman and child blame Meadowhall, and how Sheffield would be much better without it.

Yeah, because it was like St Tropez before Meadowhall.

Meadowhall looked so much better when it was three or four miles of bricks piled up on the streets.

When people blame Meadowhall for Sheffields demise, it is one of the only times I could get a 6 foot long spear and shove it through somebody's fucking gob. The stupid fucking thick bastards.

Another ready made excuse put in their illiterate fucking heads by a Communist Local Government (Not a Labour Government)
An absolute dyed in the wool, red flag waving bunch of Communists.

These morons are so insular that they do not realise that every single major city has a massive shopping mall on the outskirts of town, as well as more in the city centre as well.

Sorry for the rant, but they just make me sick, and as much as Sheffield City Council are too blame, they have only given the average fucking dummy that lives here what they want. Sheffield will never be a succesful city unless three quarters of the population can be exchanged and these people spread out around the country so as not to bring another area down

Went to Norwich recently. Mall is in the centre of town, bigger and cleaner than Meadowhell. Includes John Lewis, Debenhams and some classy outlets.

Just avoid the City Centre ( Student Village) and go to Kelham Island. That is where HS2 should stop (the original plan). Years and years of terrible Labour council management. No flow no decent shops, full of spice heads (I saw them yesterday every seat and bench was full of them). The Moor is now the best bit 😂. What happened to Chapel Walk and Fargate. Next stop clean air zone down to the Wicker and electric scooters being trialled soon. The Students will be thrilled. Was in the centre this morning, lots of new builds but all student accommodation 😖.

Blaming M/hall for Sheffield's city centre problems just does not wash.

Look at Manchester, as bad a city centre back in the day as Sheffield's. The Trafford Centre came along and yet the city centre thrived. I left in 1987 bemoining the fact that there were too many hotels to make it viable. I returned in 1991, directly into the city centre, and there were 12 or so 'major' players.

Look now and there's 10 times the number of hotels, 100's of bars and restaurants and the city actually attracts weekend visitors.The council worked with tourism and leisure to create a vibrant, lively city centre with different venues to appeal to all.
it can be, and has been done but it needs vision,commitment and enthusiasm. Bemoaning the state of the place, thinking negatively, is not the way to do it.

...The council worked with tourism and leisure...

I've found the flaw in the plan. Sheffield Council 'work with' filthy job and wealth creating capitalists? It took 25 years to get an IKEA, despite many efforts. They facked about with moving the Markets to the worst place you could think of, and then granted planning permission to have an Aldi and Lidl on every street corner so no-one would need to go there.

They had 10 years sitting on their hands while nothing happened over the Sevenstone development, and now after finally galvanising themselves into action, they have had the city centre remodelled for a department store thats closing and a bank who is de-staffing offices. When even Primark close, you know you're in trouble. Now every project has to nudge us to carbon zero. If they'd put 10% of the effort into attracting commerce and business and industry that even Rotherham and Doncaster have, there would be more people, with more disposable income who might want to use the city.

As it is Sheffield has become a University bubble. We rely on the 50,000 students to pay our way. God help us if there is a shift, and they stop coming. Tens of thousands of shared apartments, rented off at £150 a week to poor bloody students for a bed and a shared shower and kitchen. They're no good for couples or families.

Sheffields economy is precarious at best. It wouldn't take much to turn us into Detroit...

Council planning departments in most areas have a lot to answer for, some people say they are corrupt , incompetent fookwits.

My experiences with them have me agreeing.

Once built a small stable block confirmation from planning no permission required, confirmation from building control no warrant required.......
two or three weeks after completion enforcement officer knocks on door demolish or apply for retrospective planning ...... Good job I had confirmation letters !