ENGLAND v Scotland | Page 5 | Vital Football

ENGLAND v Scotland

Southgate apparently happy to take criticism for the performance but the taking of the knee before kick off was truly inspirational and a true indication that he's the man for the job. Excellent kneeling by all :clap::clap:

I heard that when asked if he was angry with fans for booing at the end, the England manager said: "I think our fans are entitled to react however they want".

..and that ladies and gentlemen of the jury, is the case for the prosecution.
So Gareth hates booing the knee but doesn't mind the fans booing the team.....something is missing here.

Last edited:
Well done to Scotland thoroughly deserved the result, won more than their fair share of individual battles on the pitch where it matters.

Just so much wrong with Southgate it's incredible.

If he's allowed to stay in the job then nobody should waste a second of their time on the national team.

This tournament should have been about Foden, Grealish and Sancho taking the game to opponents in an energetic, attacking team with home advantage and nothing to fear.

Instead he pretends we have a genuine chance of winning the tournament which is best served by being defensive.

All he'd have to do to inspire everyone's support and interest (aside from not kneeling) is this:

James Maguire Stones Chilwell
Rice Mount
Sancho Grealish Foden
Kane/DCL

I swear football managers, especially internationals, avoid these obvious, popular desires of supporters that incorporate the best talent just to look clever.

If England appointed a manager who's only attribute was a pair of bollocks in place of Southgate, there'd be an improvement.

Just so much wrong with Southgate it's incredible.

If he's allowed to stay in the job then nobody should waste a second of their time on the national team.

This tournament should have been about Foden, Grealish and Sancho taking the game to opponents in an energetic, attacking team with home advantage and nothing to fear.

Instead he pretends we have a genuine chance of winning the tournament which is best served by being defensive.

All he'd have to do to inspire everyone's support and interest (aside from not kneeling) is this:

James Maguire Stones Chilwell
Rice Mount
Sancho Grealish Foden
Kane/DCL

I swear football managers, especially internationals, avoid these obvious, popular desires of supporters that incorporate the best talent just to look clever.

If England appointed a manager who's only attribute was a pair of bollocks in place of Southgate, there'd be an improvement.
id change james for walker and if fit put jordan henderson in instead of rice. other than that yep why not

Having had time to think about the the match Southgate didn't have a clue of how to rectify his mistaken choice of midfield. The Scots were soon mastering that area so when England got possession they resorted sideways and backward movement and occasional punt upfield. Similar to The blades but Softgate had replacements who could have changed the dynamic.

Having had time to think about the the match Southgate didn't have a clue of how to rectify his mistaken choice of midfield. The Scots were soon mastering that area so when England got possession they resorted sideways and backward movement and occasional punt upfield. Similar to The blades but Softgate had replacements who could have changed the dynamic.

He's a weak spineless man and a shit,weak,spineless manager.
Fu c k what the sweaties did, that England squad properly managed, selected and motivated would have smashed at least 5 past them. They would have had to open up after conceding the first and would have been picked off thereafter for fun. hope Croatia batter them.

It was a very poor game and Gareth has to take a lot of the blame for his team selection.How Grealish didn't get a start is hard to understand.England's play was sluggish and we badly needed the spark Grealish running at Scotland from the start would have provided in my opinion. I've also been disappointed in Harry Kane in both games so far,perhaps his mind is on a move to the S6 fakers or some other Big club this summer?:giggle: UTB

It was a very poor game and Gareth has to take a lot of the blame for his team selection.How Grealish didn't get a start is hard to understand.England's play was sluggish and we badly needed the spark Grealish running at Scotland from the start would have provided in my opinion. I've also been disappointed in Harry Kane in both games so far,perhaps his mind is on a move to the S6 fakers or some other Big club this summer?:giggle: UTB
Needs more than just grealish what it doesn’t need is 2 defensive midfielders not against the czecks and definitely not against goal shy Scotland unless he opens up a bit and drops one of rice or Phillips just expect the same on Tuesday it’s criminal what he’s doing with this squad and he says he’s happy with it :arrghh:

Needs more than just grealish what it doesn’t need is 2 defensive midfielders not against the czecks and definitely not against goal shy Scotland unless he opens up a bit and drops one of rice or Phillips just expect the same on Tuesday it’s criminal what he’s doing with this squad and he says he’s happy with it :arrghh:

Agreed - its awful what's happened to us. So many decent young players - playing in a sterile, rigid structure that does not encourage attacking football. Who is the player that is going to make it happen? Rice? Phillips? I don't think so.

Southgate has set his stall out to play like this - it makes miserable watching and I really don't care if we make it to the last 16 - I would rather watch us play and lose, but entertain.

This is actually worse than the Blades last season, because England really do have the potential to be so much better.

Rant over
Angry Aya

Southgate isn't a winner. He's good at bumbling through trying to get as far as he can, but there is always the feeling that we are going to lose to the first decent side we play.

Agreed - its awful what's happened to us. So many decent young players - playing in a sterile, rigid structure that does not encourage attacking football. Who is the player that is going to make it happen? Rice? Phillips? I don't think so.

Southgate has set his stall out to play like this - it makes miserable watching and I really don't care if we make it to the last 16 - I would rather watch us play and lose, but entertain.

This is actually worse than the Blades last season, because England really do have the potential to be so much better.

Rant over
Angry Aya

Brilliant contribution Aya. Much like the female pundits who with the exception s of Neville and the ever spot on call it like it is no bullshit Roy Keane have blindid the pathtic insipid shit spewed out by the rest of the washed up male vvankers stealing money. The quality of commentators has sunk to the levels of social media in general. And has Souness had a fuc king stroke? Talks like it.

Brilliant contribution Aya. Much like the female pundits who with the exception s of Neville and the ever spot on call it like it is no bullshit Roy Keane have blindid the pathtic insipid shit spewed out by the rest of the washed up male vvankers stealing money. The quality of commentators has sunk to the levels of social media in general. And has Souness had a fuc king stroke? Talks like it.

I think Souness has had some "work".......definitely the teeth. Might be causing the problem.

I actually really hope Southgate listens to the fans and does a u-turn on his team shape/selection on Tuesday - its not too late.

I think Souness has had some "work".......definitely the teeth. Might be causing the problem.

I actually really hope Southgate listens to the fans and does a u-turn on his team shape/selection on Tuesday - its not too late.
Sorry Aya the man is so slow of thought it won't have dawn on him till Wednesday at the earliest.

The retard says never question the crawling around on the floor but slate the team all you want.
Send the tnuc to North Korea.
Useless,clueless and less bollox than that creature Sam Smith.

Yes i agree it needs more than Grealish but in my view Grealish could/should be our main creator.Mi youngest son and me both said on Friday we felt it was like watchin some of our BLADES performances last season,in that passing sideways and backwards with no penetration at all.UTB