Season tickets | Vital Football

Season tickets

Any info / new on this ?
Or is Talal letting us in for free ?

Only those that paid to watch matches online last season.
I think I have about £60 credit from the season before last, I wonder whether they are still going to honout that.

It's probably still a waiting game because of the Covid but some clubs have been selling theirs. Sunderland for example have sold 23000 which is half the capacity.

I think if the government opened up as planned the club would have immediately released details after the confirmation of being back to normal.

Since it is going to be delayed again and if they delay now there is a chance it will just get delayed again they probably want to avoid spending the time money and effort posting out packs, advertising, setting up online phone sales admin and then being in a position they have to go to the time and cost of refunding it all.

Government changing the dates not helping many in the leisure and hospitality industry.

I think if the government opened up as planned the club would have immediately released details after the confirmation of being back to normal.

Since it is going to be delayed again and if they delay now there is a chance it will just get delayed again they probably want to avoid spending the time money and effort posting out packs, advertising, setting up online phone sales admin and then being in a position they have to go to the time and cost of refunding it all.

Government changing the dates not helping many in the leisure and hospitality industry.

I think the issue is we've no staff yet to sort out STs.
The stadium has had a massive recruitment drive in recent weeks and are probably bedding the new staff in..
If/ when they do go on sale I can't see a need to give refunds.
In past seasons the price of a ST equated to just over £9 a game.
So if fans aren't allowed back in then offer i player as an alternative for home games as part of the package.

Think you're right, there might be an element of seeing what's going to happen with football (know it doesn't affect it), but seems almost certain we're staying as we are for another month at least. Agree that staffing is probably the main issue. Because it's taken so long to get new owners, I'd imagine a lot of the club staff have got new jobs and may be quite happy in them and not necessarily be looking to go back to working from the club

I can't remember the timings of everything so I may well be wrong but wasn't the offer of the ST refunds/credits off the next seasons ST a deal that was offered under Choi & Au Yeung?
Are Latics not now technically a new comany so this offer no longer applicable or at the very least any debt to creditors in the form of ST holders now written off as part of the non-football creditors part of the Phoenix 2021 deal?

Staffing can't be the issue, Mel Brannigan was doing the media rounds banging on about how season tickets would be released days after the end of the season. Over a month later and still nothing.The club are probably expecting restrictions to attendances and social distancing rules to apply come the start of the season, which would make season tickets a nightmare with people picking their own seats. It may well be best to go without season tickets to start the campaign then sell half season tickets should things get back to normal by Christmas and people can sit where they want.

I can't remember the timings of everything so I may well be wrong but wasn't the offer of the ST refunds/credits off the next seasons ST a deal that was offered under Choi & Au Yeung?
Are Latics not now technically a new comany so this offer no longer applicable or at the very least any debt to creditors in the form of ST holders now written off as part of the non-football creditors part of the Phoenix 2021 deal?

There's was 3 choices for outstanding ST money.
1 put towards the next seasons ST
2 waive any money owed
3 use to pay for I follow

But as you say a new company may not be obliged to use money owed to offset ST cost.
But as a goodwill gesture Talal might do it if any record still exists.

Staffing can't be the issue, Mel Brannigan was doing the media rounds banging on about how season tickets would be released days after the end of the season. Over a month later and still nothing.The club are probably expecting restrictions to attendances and social distancing rules to apply come the start of the season, which would make season tickets a nightmare with people picking their own seats. It may well be best to go without season tickets to start the campaign then sell half season tickets should things get back to normal by Christmas and people can sit where they want.
How are other clubs doing this then who have a bigger demand for season tickets and with a bigger demand for same seat renewal? I am sure the new owners will be doing everything to get this sorted.

How are other clubs doing this then who have a bigger demand for season tickets and with a bigger demand for same seat renewal? I am sure the new owners will be doing everything to get this sorted.
Because they’ve banked on fans paying up regardless of restrictions. Or, they’ve gambled on restrictions being eased by then. Personally, I wouldn’t take the chance.

Interesting read from Kendrick in WEP Mel Brannigan saying ST price will not go up and that seating will be slightly modified to get crowd closer
together for maximum noise and more

Hope you don't mind Zakky , I moved your post to here, I found the following very interesting:

"And Brannigan is also hoping to attract ‘floating fans’, who may have become disenfranchised from some of the bigger clubs on Wigan’s doorstep.
“I think another thing of interest that’s happened recently is the European Super League, and the fall-out from that,” he acknowledged.
“That will have an impact on fans returning to clubs that are possibly more local to them. We’re very aware that three of the six English clubs that tried to break away are very local to us.
“If we can show that supporting your local team, with a good brand of football, can be as enjoyable an experience, then we’ll aim to achieve that.”

This mirrors exactly my own recent experience. A good mate of mine, who is a lifelong Liverpool fan but has also been to many Latics games as a "floating fan" of his second team, asked me a month ago about Latics season tickets as the whole ESL thing quote "stank the place out and left a very nasty taste". He's not said he's turning his back on Liverpool but he did say it made him re-evaluate football in general and he's looking to reconnect at a level with more inherent integrity and a real connection to the genuine fans of the game.

Hope you don't mind Zakky , I moved your post to here, I found the following very interesting:

"And Brannigan is also hoping to attract ‘floating fans’, who may have become disenfranchised from some of the bigger clubs on Wigan’s doorstep.
“I think another thing of interest that’s happened recently is the European Super League, and the fall-out from that,” he acknowledged.
“That will have an impact on fans returning to clubs that are possibly more local to them. We’re very aware that three of the six English clubs that tried to break away are very local to us.
“If we can show that supporting your local team, with a good brand of football, can be as enjoyable an experience, then we’ll aim to achieve that.”

This mirrors exactly my own recent experience. A good mate of mine, who is a lifelong Liverpool fan but has also been to many Latics games as a "floating fan" of his second team, asked me a month ago about Latics season tickets as the whole ESL thing quote "stank the place out and left a very nasty taste". He's not said he's turning his back on Liverpool but he did say it made him re-evaluate football in general and he's looking to reconnect at a level with more inherent integrity and a real connection to the genuine fans of the game.

Would be nice if this was to happen re the disenfranchised big club supporters joining us but can't see that many to be honest....they're ingrained in big crowds, atmosphere & success, something we won't be able to give them. I also think altho a fair few of the ESL clubs fans are raging with their clubs, once the season starts all will be forgiven...imo

Would be nice if this was to happen re the disenfranchised big club supporters joining us but can't see that many to be honest....they're ingrained in big crowds, atmosphere & success, something we won't be able to give them. I also think altho a fair few of the ESL clubs fans are raging with their clubs, once the season starts all will be forgiven...imo

I agree Jock, there will be small numbers and it won't last, but it was interesting to see the club try to exploit the situation. Shows some imagination IMO.

Brannigan also seems to think sales will exceed expectations. I hope he’s right but knowing Wigan supporters and our history I’m not so confident he will be. We really should be though, we almost never had a club to support this season and should not be taken for granted again. I also doubt we’ll pick up any disgruntled fans from the bigger local clubs, though winning the European championship may entice people in to see live football.

Interesting, and indeed welcome, they are looking to condense supporters to improve the atmosphere (covid social distancing aside perhaps). He’s not said how but I guess boxing off the sides of the east and west stands (es2 perhaps the exception) will be one way and perhaps restricting access at the top. In regards the south they could probably corden off most of that without too much difficulty.

Brannigan also seems to think sales will exceed expectations. I hope he’s right but knowing Wigan supporters and our history I’m not so confident he will be. We really should be though, we almost never had a club to support this season and should not be taken for granted again. I also doubt we’ll pick up any disgruntled fans from the bigger local clubs, though winning the European championship may entice people in to see live football.

Interesting, and indeed welcome, they are looking to condense supporters to improve the atmosphere (covid social distancing aside perhaps). He’s not said how but I guess boxing off the sides of the east and west stands (es2 perhaps the exception) will be one way and perhaps restricting access at the top. In regards the south they could probably corden off most of that without too much difficulty.
Sorry, i have just posted a link from the Wigan Today website
before i read your post on the 'rumours' thread.

It will be interesting to see how these seating arrangements will work
to improve the match day atmosphere, but it shows they are putting in
a lot of planning into getting the best out of a 25k Stadium with
???? thousand fans.