Disgusted but happy | Vital Football

Disgusted but happy

Removed at own request

Vital 1st Team Regular
Hi guys

Well what a match - we seemed happy to sit back and defend the second half but thoroughly deserved the win. Some fantastic performances from our lads.

However, I was disgusted by the consistent late tackling by Oxford and dirty fouling. Taylor could’ve been sent off twice and there was that last tackle at the end which could’ve produced another. Oxford are lucky there was no VAR. How many times were our players flattened late yet there were 3 yellows apiece. Just glad Maxwell recovered from his ‘attention’ from Taylor.

Anyway, rant over. We get to play at Wembley again (and hopefully get the win too). Fantastic spirit on show - massive credit to Critchley for getting the team to gell and playing great football.

Not sure who I’d prefer in the final. Both Lincoln and Sunderland dipped towards the end of the season. Obviously we did a recent double over Sunderland but a final is a one off and anyone’s to take. I’m sure Mr (cr)Appleton will be eager to win if we face Lincoln. Sunderland have forgotten how to score which would be good for us though.
Hope you guys are all good!

Got back too late last night to post. Great atmosphere and good performance to get over the line. The ref was very poor and Oxford definitely came to rough us up to get something out of the game.
Special mentions for Stewart (my motm), Dougall, Mitchell but the rest put in a shift as well. Great goal from Embleton. Just hope he can play in the final.
The one slight concern was that we conceeded 3 soft goals, although 2 were when Ballard had gone off (hope he is ok). I also thought this wasn't one of Maxwell's better games.We played too deep and didn't tackle further up the pitch.
Great atmosphere outside afterwards as well.

Anyone know when ticket allocation method and details will be known, as it is not long to the final? There was a rumour last night that not even all current ST holders would get tickets

Last edited:
Amazing atmosphere I couldn't believe how much noise 4000 fans can make. Bloody cold though.

Ballard was immense that header back in for the goal unbelievable. He only played the one half but my motm