2021 Summer Transfer Thread | Page 25 | Vital Football

2021 Summer Transfer Thread

His stats for England youth sides are pretty decent but he has been garbage at club level.

No wonder we are interested...

Several clubs announcing situations with contracts. Most clubs are really cutting back and players not offered new contracts unless real first team contenders. Squad sizes reduced. Can expect similar from Premiership clubs. Hope we aren’t tempted by another set of Arters.

Akpom has two years remaining on his Middlesbrough contract and probably wants out; his agent will be putting names of Clubs out there who are supposedly interested; not that there will be many wanting to stump up the kind of wages he will be looking for.

I guess he thinks we will look plausible as we are one of the few Clubs in the division who could afford him, and of course he has previous links with both us and Hughton.

Dig a little deeper and the link does not stack up so well:

He joined us when you could still sign players up to the end of March; he took part in all 7 games available but only playing for the full 90 minutes on two occasions.

We did tremendously well in those 7 games, drawing 2 and losing 5

His time at Brighton under Hughton fared no better; he signed for 6 months with the option for the full season; he played in 10 games but that does not tell the full story - the number of minutes he played in those games numbered 28, 26, 19, 10, 3, 9, 17, 57, 9, 8, you will be surprised to learn that the option was not taken up in January.

There is nothing there to suggest there is any substance in the rumour.

It is going to be a fucking long painful transfer window

Akpom has two years remaining on his Middlesbrough contract and probably wants out; his agent will be putting names of Clubs out there who are supposedly interested; not that there will be many wanting to stump up the kind of wages he will be looking for.

I guess he thinks we will look plausible as we are one of the few Clubs in the division who could afford him, and of course he has previous links with both us and Hughton.

Dig a little deeper and the link does not stack up so well:

He joined us when you could still sign players up to the end of March; he took part in all 7 games available but only playing for the full 90 minutes on two occasions.

We did tremendously well in those 7 games, drawing 2 and losing 5

His time at Brighton under Hughton fared no better; he signed for 6 months with the option for the full season; he played in 10 games but that does not tell the full story - the number of minutes he played in those games numbered 28, 26, 19, 10, 3, 9, 17, 57, 9, 8, you will be surprised to learn that the option was not taken up in January.

There is nothing there to suggest there is any substance in the rumour.

It is going to be a fucking long painful transfer window

Unfortunately, everything you've listed makes him nailed on to sign as opposed to no substance in the rumours!!!

Thats a relief, at least this hints at us being a bit more on the case for transfers. No more old has beens and never weres. The thing that has pissed me off the most last season was the lack of hunger to be successful on the pitch. Fans can see it a mile off. That needs to change.

I got the feeling johnson jnr had a point to prove and he proved he deserves a chance to step up. I dont know about his attitude but its players like this we should be attracting

Get bids in for Yates, Charles and that Mendes at Morecambe.

We need to sign Garner on Loan, Christie on a free, and a box to box central midfielder so we don't have to start Cafu, Yates or Colback in that position.