European super league, | Page 2 | Vital Football

European super league,

From Liverpool Forum:

''We really should consider breaking away from this godforsaken
league and country.

We're respected a lot more on the continent than here''.

Last edited:
I've known some Liverpool fans for years and i cannot see them agreeing with
some of the comments on the Liverpool Forum:

''I’ll take a “boring” game vs Madrid or Juve over a Game
against Burnley or West Brom any day of the week''.

Bill Shankly would be horrified with the disrespect shown to our long established
Football League Clubs and Traditions, then again Shankly had principles.

This imo will eventually happen as the money on offer means the big clubs can feed even more at the trough of greed. UEFA / PL are only pissed off cos it's less money in their pockets & as to the big 6 it shouldn't surprise us that they don't give a f@ck about ANY other clubs than themselves, their TV money Package & their multi billion pound sponsorships.

Bill Shankly would be horrified with the disrespect shown to our long established
That’s what is so wrong with football I quickly turned off spurs Everton to watch Forfar v Dundee unt far more heart and soul than that tripe

There is a whiff of inevitability about it all...they care not for playing the likes of Burnley, Fulham, Brighton etc and prefer Juve, Real and Barca on a weekly basis.

Who can blame them ?

Me for one .....they may not give a toss but I blame them.....

in any event the cachet of occasional, infrequent matches against other huge clubs in Europe will be devalued if they end up playing all of them up to four times a season, every season .....partly I want the whole thing to fall through ....the other part of me wants to see it go ahead ....and flop spectacularly and watch the bloated maggots who have grabbed the ownership of these clubs ..face the consequences

Its all a bag of shit now. Just look at Citeh in their last two domestic games. As good as forfieted the points against Leeds and chucked the chance of winning the cup away by playing weakened sides by putting the Champions, Runners Up, Third and Fourth place, Greed League first.

Could the grassroots clubs and lower divisions benefit from this? Perhaps. Let those privileged clubs go off and do their thing. If it is Sky that is backing them then everyone who is against it should then consider boycotting Sky.

But then this is where the problems lie; if Sky have the rights to most of the other club games then how can a supporter of football follow their team at away matches if they can’t get there and they are only on Sky. Or supporters of other sports, like cricket that are on Sky, they are inadvertently funding this.

Perhaps football clubs that are never going to be in the ESL need a rethink on their business model and bring back some reality into the wages earned by players and bring them back in line with what the clubs can afford. It may make them more community based.

Like with the streaming of current Latics matches, supporters may prefer just to sign up to their local team’s stream and not Sky. Keep the income local and shun the monopolies/duopolies that currently supply the streaming.

It will cause some issues with sponsorship as why would companies pay to sponsor a team that is only on local streaming. We, the clubs and supporters, have signed up with the likes of Sky and love the cash it brings in, but when they screw us over, we still feel the need to keep using them. What’s are the options?

So they want to play in this franchise and closed door super League where they get upwards of 400m a season just to participate, never have to worry about not qualifying for it, even if they tank which is what they can do. And then have the audacity to play in the domestic league bring all that cash no other club can get and where the competition of fighting to play in Europe is already won?! Kick them out, the fact the integrity of the league is hampered just by agreeing to that is a crime

The very fact they have agreed to this sham should be enough to turf the greedy bastards out of the pyramid system. It's absolutely laughable after what's happened to us and having to break the club apart that scummy clubs like Utd, Real Madrid Barcelona etc all who have debts running into hundreds of millions can still get exactly what they want. I've always despised ManUre but you can now add another 5 clubs to that list.

What goes around comes around tin pot clubs like Watford Leicester palace acting billy big balls will now see the tv cash dry up and the owners leave and they will need to live by their gate receipts etc good bern a long time coming .

Has anyone got a good word to say about this proposal? Seriously I haven’t heard one. Even fans of these clubs are apoplectic. Seems the only ones in favour are those that aren’t based in this country who probably don’t understand the bigger picture.

I think it’s a disgrace personally. Removes all sporting merit and integrity from the game. It can be stopped, but I think it’ll need to be led by players and fans. If players refused to take part it’d be dead in the water.

Although it not the same as being at the ground I really love the I Follow coverage of Latics games in as much as I have been able to watch every game we have played in since last year's lockdown. Never before have I been able to watch 46 league games in a season, granted the picture quality would have to improve but I would be happy to subscribe to this and cancel Sky tomorrow, although that's not to say I wouldent want to attend games live as well.
Throw the big 6 out of English football and ban the players from playing for England and let's Reboot the pyramid,

My brother in law (a Liverpool fan) told me back in 2005 when I first met him that he didn't go to the Premier League games any more as he was only interested in the Champions League ones.
He'll love this proposal but then again he is a complete 🎩

Has anyone got a good word to say about this proposal? Seriously I haven’t heard one. Even fans of these clubs are apoplectic. Seems the only ones in favour are those that aren’t based in this country who probably don’t understand the bigger picture.

I think it’s a disgrace personally. Removes all sporting merit and integrity from the game. It can be stopped, but I think it’ll need to be led by players and fans. If players refused to take part it’d be dead in the water.

Spot on, and I think that sums up the problem. Fans of these clubs are facing a very similar threat to the loss of their club as we did. They may well exist, but the common fan is sold out and dismissed for the much larger global purse. Dollar signs are everywhere, but the opinion of Joe Bloggs from Salford who has been going with his family for 30 years is no longer valid. Unfortunately I feel the tv rights and global audience will far outweigh any opposition. Regular fans might not be filling the stadium but I guarantee corporate sponsors will

Kudos to the big foreign clubs who have opted out. The German ones in particular understand football from the fans' point of view way better our "top 6" (PMSL !)

Think the ONLY reason the German ones opted out was due to fan ownership within the club otherwise imo they'd not want to be left behind feeding from the gravy train trough!!