European Super League | Vital Football

European Super League

Much as I detest UEFA I would not want City to support this idea. Not what football is about - a sterile idea, void of anything except greed. :downer:

Who would be the candidates for the other two clubs if NOT City?

Spurs? Leicester?.......:hmmm:

BBC - Simon Stone naming five clubs:- Rags, Dippers, Chelsea, Arsenal & Spurs.

Specifically said “NOT Manchester City at this time”

MInd you the UEFA version of the new format is in itself an abomination with the twisted, corrupt “Wild Card” places for clubs with high UEFA coefficients based on their “historic performance”.........

Altogether this is a mess.

Bring back the league winners playing in a knock out competition from Round 1.

Rumours are that City have signed up, and that 9.30pm BST is the time we'll know more.
The Sky link has now been updated to include us.

Who will be the proposed broadcast partners?

Oh dear. Much as I want our clubs to succeed at all levels I am not comfortable with this plan. I know things have to move forward or die etc.....but this makes me feel queasy. I love the club but really don’t know if I can support such a move 😕

Does it mean that these clubs just leave their respective leagues, or stay in the league and play this super league instead of Uefa’s old boys club

Does it mean that these clubs just leave their respective leagues, or stay in the league and play this super league instead of Uefa’s old boys club

Nothing 100% concrete as yet, as far as I know.

What I think is that ESL clubs would be expelled from UEFA sanctioned domestic leagues, and their players banned from international competitions, so no Euros or World Cups.

As it currently stands, I'm with Skoorb.

Are Sky guessing about City’s involvement? I am sure the Chairman made a statement to the contrary, and why add us when they have been so against us from the off.

I suspect more to follow, but this could end the Premier as a major league

Nothing 100% concrete as yet, as far as I know.

What I think is that ESL clubs would be expelled from UEFA sanctioned domestic leagues, and their players banned from international competitions, so no Euros or World Cups.

As it currently stands, I'm with Skoorb.
The one team competition does not generate enough cudos and certainly not enough money as it does now

Last edited:
"Who will be the proposed broadcast partners?"

I posed this question because surely it's something that has to be factored in before making announcements?

The PL, and the main drivers in its origin and focus, are, from history and Sky's point of view, United and Liverpool. Would they want to see their flagship crushed?

Rising, as I haven't clicked the reply icon, and JK has come in,

The US owners have made a shedload of money from their investments in US sport, and are aiming to replicate this in football - which the Glazers already have in United, through the increased turnovers, sponsors, and dividends taken out of the club as shareholders.

No, or very likely, very rare relegation from the ESL, so the platform prepared for the same.

It's heartening to see the fans opposed to it,this story usually raises its head every couple of years or so but nothing has come of it,I'm not a fan of the premier league but it would be a disaster if the top six clubs left and the money that they generate around the world went elsewhere

It's heartening to see the fans opposed to it,this story usually raises its head every couple of years or so but nothing has come of it,I'm not a fan of the premier league but it would be a disaster if the top six clubs left and the money that they generate around the world went elsewhere
All true football fans will be appalled at this if it goes ahead CP.
The only “fans” who would support it are the glory hunters.