European super league, | Vital Football

European super league,

Let the greedy clubs go with no chance of ever returning to English football if it goes tits up

Let the greedy clubs go with no chance of a return to English football if it goes tits up

NO ......... Hundreds of years lost to the greed foreign owners gang. No competition no way to the top for us and others. Disgrace. As Gary Neville says strip them of points and fine them very heavily relegate the lot to non league

Gary Neville absolutely fuming has slammed the proposals for a European Super League and has suggested a points deduction for the six Premier League sides reportedly involved.

Don't know what happened to other thread
But let the greedy clubs go
Those involved should be kicked out of all English competitions
With no chance of a return to the English setup

City and moreso Chelsea have only been at the so called top table since the recieved massive foreign investment, I don't consider either of them any bigger than Newcastle or Aston Villa.

Definite no from me ......pros ...their absence will remove their perennial harvesting of the major trophies ....and the domestic game might revert more towards the game we grew up with.

Cons ...can’t ignore the fact that these big clubs are fundamentally front and centre in the fabric and history of the game and no point pretending they wouldn’t be missed....because they would.

Can only assume they’d be relying on tens of millions of Asian (and US?) subscriptions to make this viable ?....If “proper” domestic fans (I’d hope they still have a few knocking about) of the breakaway clubs turned their backs in terms of attending or tuning in then then their already tainted offering may be further devalued, I’d certainly hope so!

One further unedifying and eye rolling aspect of all this is The Premier League and UEFAs furious indignation at ”this open disregard for the history of the game and the pyramid structures left behind....it’s all about greed....an absence of honest competition“ etc etc.....all perfectly valid points of course but ...errmmm..where do they think all this egregious behaviour may have stemmed from 🤔

Don't know what happened to other thread
But let the greedy clubs go
Those involved should be kicked out of all English competitions
With no chance of a return to the English setup

Bicky, I merged the threads, we didn't need 3 with the same title. All the posts are still there, they are just under 1 thread instead of 3 (4 including your latest one).

When threads are merged all the posts are retained, the posts are ordered based on the time they were posted. Nothing has been lost.

The biggest clubs financially could make more money breaking away so I think it's inevitable eventually.

Financially and popularity wise (with general public) it will be disastrous for all clubs outside the elite in Europe. If we think there isn't much money trickling down to the lower levels now if the top 6 all withdraw from the Premiership there will be even less - as much of the money currently coming into the game will likely go with them.

There is a whiff of inevitability about it all...they care not for playing the likes of Burnley, Fulham, Brighton etc and prefer Juve, Real and Barca on a weekly basis.

Who can blame them ?

I would be absolutely delighted if this is to happen. It would allow English football to reset without the greed of the greedy 6, it will allow for the league to be more competitive and for the FA and EFL to revamp things in order to do so without the greedy 6 throwing their toys out the pram. It will help English football as a good competitive sport and to reset which is what it really needs. I honestly feel for the genuine fans of these clubs but sadly football is run and catered for the armchair fans and less the die hard supporters at the top. Let's hope it happens!

Definite no from me ......pros ...their absence will remove their perennial harvesting of the major trophies ....and the domestic game might revert more towards the game we grew up with.

Cons ...can’t ignore the fact that these big clubs are fundamentally front and centre in the fabric and history of the game and no point pretending they wouldn’t be missed....because they would.

Can only assume they’d be relying on tens of millions of Asian (and US?) subscriptions to make this viable ?....If “proper” domestic fans (I’d hope they still have a few knocking about) of the breakaway clubs turned their backs in terms of attending or tuning in then then their already tainted offering may be further devalued, I’d certainly hope so!

One further unedifying and eye rolling aspect of all this is The Premier League and UEFAs furious indignation at ”this open disregard for the history of the game and the pyramid structures left behind....it’s all about greed....an absence of honest competition“ etc etc.....all perfectly valid points of course but ...errmmm..where do they think all this egregious behaviour may have stemmed from 🤔

UEFA is furious just as they about to unveil their own plans for a new League format that will increase the number of games to be played with the Champions League.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56771500

Greed. Pure unadulterated greed.

Football is pretty much a closed shop as it is at the top end, this proposal ensures it stays that way and that no new comers could ever enter. This cartel tried and failed to curb Man City using Uefa. That failed so they’re going it alone, reluctantly accepting City, but ensuring there’ll be no others.

Clearly the fans of these clubs have no say on the matter and are being treated with contempt. Assuming they are expelled from domestic competitions, as they’ve been told, the likes of Spurs will never see a trophy again and I can’t imagine their fans being too chuffed at winning just a handful of games a season.

It would clearly have huge ramifications for our leagues and structure. Yes it would be great that many other clubs could lift trophies, but the reality is clubs would receive less as PL tv contract would be worth far less without these expelled teams. So the competition maybe more exciting but income vastly lower and certainly less being filtered down. Certainly salaries will be far less ftom a player perspective.

Domestically I don’t think tv audiences will be that great but worldwide rights, certainly initially I expect will be high. I’d say it’s inevitable some games will also be played in say Asia to satisfy that market. In effect the clubs are now just brands and not for the traditional locals. It will certainly change football. I suspect these clubs will re-emerge as shadow clubs in this country driven by their fans, but clearly without their existing infrastructure and the brands as they are now will be relocated worldwide.