Coronavirus | Page 641 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Last updated on Saturday 17 April 2021

1618678862130.png

2186 in hospital - 332 on ventilators

127 260 within 28 days

Exactly Fulford. Shut the international travel, and then we can get back to Primark and Bournemouth quicker I say. We can all live without Benidorm and support our local tourist economy if it means we can get back to normal. I’d love to holiday abroad but will quite happily sacrifice that if we can just get back to normal on our little island. For me, that has to be the goal - selfishly that suits me as I don’t have family abroad I guess.

If we go back to square 1 because of India or Brazil...

Didn't look like much social distancing in London today, people going out on the streets to grieve the passing of someone who didn't know them/they didn't know him during a pandemic. :shrug:

I did hear something the other week (sorry no link), that since we opened back up the schools, there hasn’t been an increase in the covid rate.

From what I remember of school, you were under a ceiling and could have 100 people waking up and and a set of stairs at pretty much the same time 6 times per day.

Social distancing has definitely slipped which seems to be the most effective defence against the virus spread because it can’t physically jump.

I’m always a bit wary of these ground level camera or video shots of the apparent lack of social distancing can be an illusion moreso than a reality. They get the clicks in though

Last updated on Sunday 18 April 2021

1618760500071.png

2186 in hospital - 332 on ventilators

127 270 within 28 days - 150 419 on death certificates.

new cases are down slightly on the week (on the gov site you link above)
they seem to have fairly steadily declined - which is a bit surprising with schools back.
Be interesting to see the effect of the latest easing in 10 days or so

new cases are down slightly on the week (on the gov site you link above)
they seem to have fairly steadily declined - which is a bit surprising with schools back.
Be interesting to see the effect of the latest easing in 10 days or so

I know the better weather helps, but if those figures don't do anything I think it's a pretty safe guess to assume someone is playing with the numbers,