The Official Oxford United Match Thread (sponsored by Cody McDonald "for all your 'ending a barren away run' needs") | Page 5 | Vital Football

The Official Oxford United Match Thread (sponsored by Cody McDonald "for all your 'ending a barren away run' needs")

That's the end of our season. Completely threw away our outside playoff chances today and a completely undeserved win for an average Oxford side who resorted to the long ball football they supposedly reject to get their win. At 2-0 after 72 minutes we need to see that out, but let in an unnecessary goal almost immediately. Let outselves down there I'm afraid.

I stuck a fiver on Oxford to win as soon as we went 2-0 up to try and mitigate the inevitable disappointment. Didn't seriously expect it to come in!! :shake:

Nothing wrong with that ref. All our failings were our own.

At the end of the day, a reasonable season. Unfortunately, with our resources and probable lose of players, I do not see how we can improve.

Nothing wrong with that ref. All our failings were our own.

At the end of the day, a reasonable season. Unfortunately, with our resources and probable lose of players, I do not see how we can improve.
Yes, unfortunately that has been the case since first relegated from the Championship. Need more investment to push higher up League 1 to become a genuine promotion contender.

What a kick in the balls that was. Game should have been won at 2-0. We had TEN corners 2nd half. How can we never score from them?

As ever flattering to deceive...usually in a turn around after some good results, before starting to flatter again. Today actually during the game.